Today's Trivia Jan. 27

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by gentlelady, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Gray squirrels bury their acorns all over the place, often forgetting where they put them, causing the seeds to become oak trees.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i wish the would bury their acorns on my property then

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

that is very interesting. I did not know this. I happen to love squirrels. I think they have a great sense of humor and play. And it turns out they make trees !!

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Squirrels! I loves da squirrels!

Squirrels gather nuts/seeds so frantically and truly "rush off" to bury it - there is no way they could remember where every single treasure is buried! (it's funny sometimes because the same squirrel finds an acorn, buries it, and then unearths it a few minutes later to bury it somewhere else!)

5. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Some might say that we are all squirrels just looking for a nut?

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

The second I read this, I thought of Acy because of her sig about squirrels!! :)

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes I see squirrels hiding bits of food they have found all the time on the campus where I work. No oak trees here though. Too cold climate. Magpies are also fond of this behaviour, although they are not as careful about it as the squirrels. I have seen a group of magpies all competing over a piece of bagel, one grabs a large chunk of it, flies maybe 10 feet away, ever so sneakily stuffs it into a pile of leaves. Seconds later the entire rest of the flock, having witnessed this, all fly over and blow the cover on this complex deception wide open.

Lesson learned; maybe make sure other birds aren't sitting there close by watching you as you "hide" your snack for later. ;)

8. siuling337

siuling337 Member

Oh my god~~:distress::distress::distress::distress::distress::distress::distress:

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Have you noticed how squirrels, while they are nibbling on their nuts, they look left and right as if they are thinking "Did I leave the gas on; did I?" Then they realise "Oh no of course not, I'm a squirrel!"

:rofl:

Oh and talking of squirrels we need a squirell emoticaon or at least I reckon Acy does :lol:

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Twocky I think we did have a squirrel emote once upon a time. Or maybe not. I can't remember now. Here's a dragon. :dragon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.