Told me to...?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Broken Wings, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I had a CBT (Cognitive Behaverial(sp?) Therapy ) session today.

She brought up SI... talking about my promise to someone that I wouldn't SH anymore. She asked if I did it because it makes me feel better, I said sort of, but not any more.

Since I made that promise it hurts more to cut than not to most of the time, due to my general honour/loyalty system.

Then she said that I can't let some one force me to stop (I interject that I made the promise to her, she never asked for it), and if it makes me feel better than, for the time being, its probably better if I do cut, even though she doesn't want me to cut, she wants me to feel better so I'm more receptive to therapy.

w.t.what? She's telling me to cut? I'm so confused. Is this some kind of reverse phsycology thing? :blink:

What do you think? Whether or not she had told me to, or told me not to, I still would/will cut only as much (and hopefully less) than I feel the need to.

So.. yeah...

2. Canti

Canti Guest

Looks like shes saying in the case of therapy, you would progress more if you continued to cut but at the same time its good that you have stopped and she doesnt want you to start again.

In this case she wants you to do what you want to do.

"Whether or not she had told me to or told me not to, I still would/will cut only as much (and hopefully less) than I feel the need to" - thats abit confusing but what i get from it is you would still cut if she handnt said anything, just not as much as normal? If thats so, then do that :)

Sorry if this is no help

3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i think canti is right about that, but also think that its up to you to keep your promess. She doesnt want to force you to do anything you dont want, but i guess it will make her happier if you dont do it. She probably sees how you suffer when you dont do it and it hurts her too, and she`s probabl confussed too. My advice would be that you should try to stop, and see what happens....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.