told my parents

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by hi my name is, Sep 16, 2009.

1. hi my name is

hi my name is Well-Known Member

i have finally told my parents about my depression and the plans i had for suicide. they actually took it pretty well and now my new plan is no more drugs(including alcohol) because of my addictive personality, i'm going to work out everyday like i use to and I will be talking to a professional about my depression. things are looking well and i can't wait to be energized instead of burnt out in about 3 weeks of working out. i'll let you know how i'm doing to let you guys know to keep pushing on. just to let you know where i came from is about a week ago i tried to buy something very important to my suicide process from walmart but lay a way was not accepting. I fully believe that was an act of "God"

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Whatever it was that stopped you and changed your outlook, it's wonderful.

I know it will work out for you. Take care,

Mike

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is great news. Good for you having the courage to reachout for help and trust your parents. Good for your parents to see what needed to be done and got you help. Please do keep us updated on how well you are doing. Way to go:goodjob:

4. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I wish my parents were as sensitive as supportive as normal people's are.

The last time my brother told my mom he was feeling suicidal, she handed him a knife. Suffice to say he never confides in her about anything anymore.