tollerence to cuts?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by grinded serenity, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

its been about 40 minutes since i last cut myself, and i want to do it again SOOO bad. its incredible, i feel like im developing a tollerence to the pain and need more to get by. is this normal?

my session 2 days ago ended with 4 smaller cuts. but the last one i did was deeper than alot of others, and was very hard to stop from bleeding.

i need to go do it again.. i cant resist this feeling.

any feedback wouild be much appreciated.

2. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

I just hope you don't go to far and end up in the hospital. Once you become more tolerant of the pain it tends to go in that direction though. Maybe you can do something else that causes pain without the bleeding... I exercise until my arms really hurt. I hope you're okay.

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I get what you mean. You don't really notice the pain and so you need to do more to make up for it, but it aint that bad because it's only one deep cut at first, but then it builds up... and, well... you know the rest. I can't stop you from doing it, but please stay as safe as you can, even though it's really such a contradiction. If you've never had an infection, never been to hospital, please, I beg you, don't start, because all you'll end up doing is regretting it.

Did you end up cutting again? I hope you didn't, but if you did I understand why.

TDM

4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: please don't do this to yourself hun
    you can do other things that will take your mind off of it :arms:
    if you ever need someone to talk to i'm always here :heart:
    triggs xx

5. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I have begun to have a tolerance to cuts also. It's very hard to deal with it because you want to just going, you know? If you ever need to talk, my PM box is always open.

6. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

Tollarance? mmmm....

i guess technically it could be considered a tollarance..

i prefer to say ur just getting used to it. Cutting urself is becoming more and more of a acceptable action. ur use to the pain and trying harder and harder to test your limits.

basically the first time was crazy.. it may have been a small cut but it was the first.. now ur used to it and trying to out do your self each time.

its normal.. well not normal normal but normal.. ehhh.. its how i was before..
    basically i started making small cuts.. its was awesome.. then they started getting bigger and deeper...

Eventually i made some long deep ones that left huge extrememly noticable scars.. o_O

im not gonna tell u to stop or anything. its all personal choice. My scars have had negative effects on my life but i dont regret ever making them.

7. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

i did do it again, but after that one i told myself i have to stop tonight. so i watched a movie, then played a game till i was tired enough to fall asleep. i havent done it yet today, but i will eventually. im already getting agrovated by some people and things arent going too well between me and my best friend. i can feel myself getting to the point i need.

thanks for all of your support!

8. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

when u hurt yourself, your body releases "endorphines" to ease the pain in some sort of way. U see,endorphines are what ur body produces when u "feel inlove" or when u eat chocolat. Unfortunately also works as any drug, the more u "consume" the more u need to feel satisfied.

Keeping this in mind, the best thing u can do is to avoid hurting yourself :)

and btw hi TDF its been a long time since i saw u for the last time. how have u been?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.