Tom Cruise talking about Scientology

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by anonymous51, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

This guy is an absolute lunatic who has no fecking clue what is coming out of his mouth. For the whole 9 minutes of indoctrinated blabbing, the only things that are ever made clear is that A. Scientologists are there to help people (umm im pretty sure every organised religion holds the same principle...) and B. Scientologist are ready to do "it" or do "whats neccesary" for "it" to happen (what is "it", he never points out at ANY time in the video what that means, he has no fecking cluel.)

The first time i heard about scientology i thought it was hilarious and most of the world did too, but for something so goddamned rediculous to be so mainstream is unsettling. How in the name sweet fucking christ do the fundamental teachings of scientology seem thesible, how the fuck is there over 3 million followers. It is so scary when you look at videos of tom cruise and other followers, if you look right into their eyes, theres nothing there, just emptiness.

It makes me so sad that the world actually has people living on it who will gladly devote their entire lives to such nonsense and will bully ANYONE who even studies Scientology without believing in it. Please can someone tell me if scientology as a religion has made ANY benifit to the world other than "enlighten" people and turn them into brainwashed phsycopaths.

(the best bit was when he says "i want to go and have fun, but i cant...... because........................................ i know......................i know............................." :laugh: crazy idiot)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008

2. Tom Cruise seems like he is way too drugged up on psychotropic drugs, which might be the real reason why the Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry organization which is organized by Scientologists, has decided to aggressively attack psychiatry so much in the past few years.
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I saw a little bit of footage on Scientology, and was thinking "oh ok thats interesting, i might wanna research it a little" Then when they mentioned the alien!?!?! I ran FAR FAR away. I mean WTF?!?!
    Cruise is a fucking idiot. I feel sorry for his daughter.

I'd also like to add that Hubbard (founder of scientology) is one crazy fuck. he believed in the "silent birth" barely any words should be spoken in the delivery room, and the less anesthetic the better. Trust this to come from a man's mouth :rolleyes: fucking lunatic. It's a whole bunch of made up non-sense
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't quite get why Scientology is attacked so much more than any other organized religion. They're all nuts if you ask me. How is what Scientologists believe any more fucked up than what Christians or Muslims believe?

Christians - Ok. So let me get this straight. There's this dude that I can't see but he's everywhere and he created everything. The whole universe.......just for humans. And he's coming back someday. Any day now. But until he does, we have to just sit around and talk about how wonderful he is, always was and forever shall be (Lest we be cast into a lake of fire to burn for all of eternity) and the fact that we believe emphatically that he's coming back someday and he will whisk us off to some wonderful place where we'll never die, nothing bad will ever happen and everyone will live happily ever after. :blink::blink::blink:

Is that sane?

Not really defending them. I'm just saying. To me, the fact that more than four living people believe in Christianity is pretty damn scary. But all of the major religions creep me out.
  5. I watched it 'cause I was bored (I was still bored...)

All I have to say is... Tom...

"The wheel's turning, but the hamster's dead"

I watched THIS one, and at least it made me smile (and it's not nearly as long...)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

It is just about certain that there aren't that many Scientologists. For some odd reason that's a number the Church of Scientology is wedded to, or something. FWIW, in 2004 they were claiming 8 million...

7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

LOL...that's both funny and disturbing.
  8. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

Doesn't he have a "bunker" or something that he plans to withdraw into in preparation for the "end of the world" in 2012 (?) I am sure i read that somewhere. Apparently it can comfortably hold about 10 people for around six months or so, lol. Presumably hoping that the world restarts again, half a year later.
  9. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I denounce all forms of religion equally and that’s my prerogative, however it must be said that these scientologist’s are fucking idiots. It seems quite obvious that it is actually a cult and not a religion. As a long term mental health sufferer, I can clearly state that compared to this shower of fools, I am not the lunatic.
  10. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

The difference between christianity and scientology is that the bible is more of a book of morale anecdotes and metaphors to make you think about your choices in life. Scientologies teachings have to be followed exactly as written in their "bible" of sorts. They are indoctrinated with the same materials word for word over and over, there isnt any deeper meanings or metaphors. Im not a fan of christianity or other organised relgions myself but think about it, Scientology was created by a man who had an epic dream about alien overlords and spaceships....... the man who had this dream also happened to be a writer of science fiction novels.
  11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer for crying out loud. That should tell you something. Check this out:

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.

Well what did you think of that story?

What? You thought it was a stupid story?

Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).

We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains.

Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.

Now you have read this you know their big secret. Don't let us put you off joining though.
  12. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It's way way more fucked up...

Most of you know that I don't believe in any religion now, but even Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and the Prophet Musa splitting the seas into two as written in the holy Qur'an makes more sense than anything the Scientology sect has to say.

According to Scientology we were all beamed down to Earth from a big spaceship 75 million years ago and that's how we got here. There isn’t a single Scientology book that is the equivalent of the Bible or the Qur'an, but the study of Scientology is achieved through the chronological study of its basic books and lectures. They believe that psychology and psychiatry are destructive and abusive practices. Like the Johovah Witness faith, it bans blood transfusions and medication which then allows perfectly treatable people to die.

Scientology is all about brainwashing and mind control. It's not a religion it's a wacky cult.
  13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well. I grew up in a heavily Christian part of my country and I can tell you that those people are just as dangerous as any cult. They're not just drinking the kool aid. They're bathing in it. The fact that the United States has a president who claims God told him to fight a war and he hasn't been sent off to the nut house in 8 years should tell you something. The fact that Muslims are chopping people's heads off for whatever "sins" (real or imagines) should tell you something. All religions are cultish to varying degrees. And they're all dangerous. Christians don't look at their Bible as a book or metaphors. They really believe it. The believe "The Rapture" is coming. They believe they have the right to control everyone and make others behave as they wish. They believe "God" is real. Not just that it's possible that there's a "higher power".

Sometimes I wonder if Scientology isn't just satire to show people how ridiculous it all is. I mean, think about it. Tom Cruise is an actor. Many of the spokespeople for Scientology are actors.

Anyway. About Tom Cruise. I don't want to hear any of his rambling about Scientology but he is a pretty good actor if he's in a decent movie working with a good director and a good script. There are a lot of actors who are a bit........odd if you really listen to them when they're talking about anything other than acting. I think you almost have to be a little out there to be a good actor. Many of the best actors have been eccentric.
  14. cupiononesse

cupiononesse Active Member

It's true it's completely fucked up and they prey on people like us, the weak and depressed who need something to lean on. One of them found me thru my local doctor. I was not happy with her to say the least...hopefully she'll be fired but I doubt it they don't take little things like breach of doctor-patient confidentiality seriously.
    I doubt Hubbard believed in anything...he was after all primarily a science fiction writer, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.
    It's all lies blatantly...people join because they're scared to face reality.

And there are more dangerous things about Scientology. It's entirely organised to obtain money from the vulnerable, and those who try to leave are harrassed and some I believe have died because of it (mental illness is not accepted by Scientologists and they will deny meds to the suicidally or homicidally insane). They would close this site down in a second if they thought they could get away with it for the same reasons. There's a lot of information on their dangers with a simple google/wiki search if anyone's interested.

Oh and has anyone else noticed that the bizarre aliens have the same exact alphabet, syllable-sound equivalents and linguistics system as us? By which I mean specifically the English-speaking world? Wtf?
    Teegeeack and Xenu are decidedly odd names for such otherworldly beings.
  15. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

If the story were in the Bible most people would believe it.
  16. ybt

ybt Guest

Is Tom Cruise a nutcase? Probably. Do I care about the lives of celebrities? Not necessarily.
  17. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Nonsense is nonsense, doesn't matter which religion or belief, no irrational beliefs should be treated as more exceptable than other ones.
  18. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Well, I don't totally disagree with you, but officially Islam and Christianity are seen as religions. I repeat "There isn’t a single Scientology book that is the equivalent of the Bible or the Qur'an, but the study of Scientology is achieved through the chronological study of its basic books and lectures."

The majority see Islam and Christianity as religions that are supposed to teach the right message from their holy books, where as Scientology is seen by many as a cult that preaches dangerous and absurd messages. The part I highlighted in your post are extreme situations, extremists that misinterpret from holy books. Not every Christian believes that God told George Dubya to go to war, just the same as most Muslims don't think it's right to behead sinners. They're extreme cases, "Islam" is supposed to mean "peace" afterall. But every Scientologist believes that pain is a natural part of life and should never be eased with painkillers, even during the process of birth giving! And they don't get this from any book similar to the bible (which whatever your beliefs, is supposed to be from the mouth of God himself.)

They're all cults to me, but officially and to the majority, Islam and Christianity are seen as religions and Scientology is seen as a wacky cult for those reasons above.
  19. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

The worldwide spiritual headquarters for the church of scientology is located in Clearwater, FL at what was once The Fort Harrison Hotel. It's referred to as "flag base one". The group is a cult by all standards applicable. They have more or less taken over downtown Clearwater and members are easily identified by their uniforms-they resemble Eastern Airlines flight crews from the late 1960's.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  20. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, of course Christians don't see their own religion as a cult. And of course they view all other religions as either invalid, dangerous, cultish or simply as being tolerable but wrong. That's one of the things that makes religion so dangerous in the first place. No matter what they believe, they always believe they're the only ones who are right and everyone else is either wrong or misguided.

I don't disagree that Scientology is goofy and creepy and just downright laughable. But I can't say their beliefs sound any more implausible than those of any other religion. Really. They're all implausible. Could there be a God? How should I know? Of course there could be. I don't claim to know everything and I can't know for sure. I just think the God thing sounds ridiculous. Could there be a Xenu? Again, sounds ridiculous but it's just as plausible as the idea that there's a God.

I don't really know much about Scientology. I admit that. The whole thing with pain killers and so forth? Yeah. OK. You've got a point. But we have the Pope preaching against contraception, masturbation, abortion and whatever else. That's a denial of reality if you ask me. It's not an extreme case that many people believe contraception is defying the will of God. That's a common religious belief. It's not an extreme view that masturbation is terrible and sinful. It's one of the most commonly held religious views of all. And it's completely wrong and nuts. There are many very common religious beliefs (In Christianity alone) that are harmful and just plain wrong.

The only way to change it is to assert yourself. I believe they're all dangerous. They have to be tolerated because religious freedom is a fundamental building block of overall freedom. But that doesn't mean they aren't harmful. And it sure doesn't mean the majority view of anything is the correct one. Majorities are often wrong. And they tend to be more unstoppable than individuals because people always just assume the majority is always right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.