Tomorrow I am going to see the head of mental health

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I am scared shitless. I may have a panic attack. I know that he will use his psychological training on me to make me feel bad and to make me feel like a trouble maker and misfit.

I am going to be blunt with him and am going to say first off to not do it. I have a legit complaint and I will be heard.

My aim is to stop the 'criminalisation' of people suffering depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders. As some of you will know I was, in a way, "prosecuted" for having depression. I felt extremely low and went for a drive. While parked on the side of the road, some police officers came and deemed I was suicidal and took me, against my will to the hospital where I was locked up and humiliated and abused.

I had done nothing wrong. I was just sitting in my car thinking. No drugs, no alcohol, no dangerous driving or illegal parking. I wasnt even charged with anything yet I was locked up against my will, sharing a room with violent drug abusers. My possessions were stolen off me, including some medicine the lack of which made we very ill. I was denied any support even though they had posters on the walls saying I should have some.

When I was released I obviously just wanted to dig a hole and jump right in. But they werent done with me. They rang as many people as they could and told them I was fucked up.

Months later I picked up some courage and went the to hospitals PR unit and complained. They pushed the blame firmly back on me, again reiterating I was crazy. I go not where.

I was diagnosed with PTSD and attempted twice during the year that past.

Everynight I think about that day and everynight I have nightmares. I want it to all stop!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Make sure h un you have everything written down all your complaints you efforts to get help with no prevail you were not given pt advocate name ect ok i hope they listen so others do not have to suffer hugs
  3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I chickened out. I didnt go. To afraid.... :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.