Tomorrow morning I have to put my dog to sleep.

alice202

SF Supporter
Three months after having surgery to remove his pancreas, my 12 year old dog's cancer has recurred. He stopped eating and drinking on Saturday, and today the vets found that his tumor had grown back. I brought him home from the hospital to say goodbye. He will be put down in the morning.

I'm devastated. He really is my only family, the only living creature who cares whether I live or die. I don't even know if I care if I live or die.

Alice

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
I'm deeply saddened to hear this, i know how it is to lose
a fur babies, I just lost 2 last year 24 hours apart
i hope you can remember all the good times you shared
with him. my thoughts and prayers go out to you

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Really sorry, Alice . . . (I bet!); If we could ask him — he’d want you to live. If for no better reason, than to carry on his memory! May he go easy...

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awww Avice, that is so sad, i'm sorry to hear that, I agree with @MisterBGone he would want you to live and carry on his memory.

SF will be here for you tomorrow too during this very stressful time. *hug

alice202

SF Supporter
He died in my bed about 45 minutes ago. I was holding him and petting him all night and I knew it was the end. I am in shock that he is gone.

2 years ago I was with my mother as she died, and now I've lost my best friend.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I know it doesn’t mean a ton, but if I were a dog, that’s the way I’d want to go. . . (In the embrace of an adoring owner who worshipped & cherished me so!) - you know, so often we find that owners have a hard time saying, “goodbye,” to their pets. Like, “it wasn’t yet time...” And, I always think, it wasn’t time for You or time for him/her? Sounds like you took good care of him and treated him right. I know exactly what it feels like to have nothing else in life beyond their pet (or nearly so!). . . Rest easy—

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
oh no, Alice. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved friend. Sending you good thoughts at this terrible time. *console

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
Three months after having surgery to remove his pancreas, my 12 year old dog's cancer has recurred. He stopped eating and drinking on Saturday, and today the vets found that his tumor had grown back. I brought him home from the hospital to say goodbye. He will be put down in the morning.

I'm devastated. He really is my only family, the only living creature who cares whether I live or die. I don't even know if I care if I live or die.

Alice
I love animals and rescue cats. Over the years I have lost many cats and it don't get any easier. It still hurts even though I know they go to animal heaven. I have an anon poem that I read and it helps some. Love and Bless.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00