Tongue problems!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ANeverEndingRose, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANeverEndingRose

ANeverEndingRose Well-Known Member

I have really been having problems with being sick recently, I can't keep anything down at the moment. I eat about once a day so it means I'm sick at least once a day because I normal throw fluids up aswell.

I feel as though this is really affecting my tongue now though. It looks almost like the sides are eroding away and I have big white raised spots all over my tongue. Its extremely painful.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this? Did it get better?

Any advice would be most appreciated :)
  2. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

have u gone to a doc? try gargurling warm salt water i get lil ulcers on my tongue an warm salt water helps. or try honey lemon tea :)

hope this helps xoxo
  3. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Sounds like ulcers, probably caused by the acidity of the stomach acid you'll be throwing up. If you can't keep any food down I'd recommend you go to the doctors hun. In the meantime try to keep yourself hydrated as best you can.
  4. ANeverEndingRose

Thanks, I'll try those suggestions.

I don't really want to see my doctor at the moment-i'm trying to avoid being weighed!

thanks again :)
  5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I have tongue problems too, I'm going to the doc's about it tomorrow...get it sorted, it's very uncomfortable.:sad:
  6. ANeverEndingRose

It is very uncomfortable im sorry you have the pain too. I dont think there is anything my doctor can do about it though that I can't get from the pharmacist.

Let me know if your doctor does prescribe something though x
  7. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll post what he gave me tomorrow evening.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

He gave me Paracetamol (2 to be taken four times a day) and advised me to gargle with salt water 3 times daily.
  9. ANeverEndingRose

Yeah I don't think I'll bother mine for that!!I don't think mine would advise anything more.
    How come your doctor prescribes you paracetamol?can you not just buy that from a shop?
  10. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I guess I could...but I don't mind...saves my pennies. :wink:
  11. ANeverEndingRose

You don't have to pay for your prescriptions?!
  12. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

13. ANeverEndingRose

14. xpsyuvz

xpsyuvz Active Member

I got some sort of white hairy tongue symptoms, and white ridges around the edges of my tongue -- probably caused by burning vodka and/or cigarettes.
    From my minimal research, I don't think it's too serious yet, but maybe it's pre-cancerous?
    For me it seems self-caused, so I'm an idiot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.