Tonight, I danced

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Sadeyes, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

My grandfather was a dancer and dancer doctor in Vaudeville who taught me how to dance when I was around 2...years in dance studios, mirrors, tutus, toe shoes at 6...sand danced at 3...and hip hop until 2 years ago when I started to degenerate...last July, I lost all stability in my legs...I thought everything was over...dead legs and feet do not dance...I had an 5 hour IV today, the only thing that might 'cure' or improve this condition...and tonight, I could get up, move slightly and take a few steps and DANCE...Martha Graham will not be knocking down my door anytime soon...but this is the first time I felt as alive in months...tonight, I danced...J

2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

thats wonderful :) im happy for you

3. victor

victor Account Closed

awwwww:) marvellous!:)

4. OhneDich

OhneDich Well-Known Member

:pinkrose: thats AMAZING!!

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

and of course, being a Diva enthusiast, I turned to Miss Patti to keep the spirit going: Please forgive the intro, but her voice was spot on this evening...and I am a Jewish-Buddhist playing church songs...go figure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCVDXTIynY

Sometimes, songs do help me through...J

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am so happy for you Jackie. I wish I could have been there to share in your joy. I am glad miss Patti was able to give you a little extra inspiration, just as you give inspiration to so many in their time of need. May you have many more dances to dance.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I did not share this C..2nite because it was your nite...not a lack of love...I will dance for you as you are one reason I want to dance...all my heart...J

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey j ust saw this post i am glad you got to dance and i hope you dance many more times Sadeyes take care.

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

WOOT!!! Fred Astaire beware, Jackie is tapping those toes! :dance:

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just saw this Terri...thanks, as always for your wisdom and caring And Total E...as always, you are so caring

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  11. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

that's amazing. I'm really happy for you J. :hug:

12. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Awww, this thread iss lovely, I'm soo glad Patti gave you a lot inspiration, which you do indeed show around here. I hope you carry on with your danceing and enjoy it very besst wishes,
    Young Violet :hug:

13. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thank you..that was lovely, J