Tonight in A and E

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by *dilligaf*, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Don't really know why I'm posting this accept for the fact that I have just gotten home from A and E and am a bit shook up.

My Stepdad OD'ed tonight. He then regretted it and called himself an ambulance .. thank God.

When we all got to A and E he was fine, upset and a little groggy, but ok. And then he fell asleep and the doctor came in to him and tried to wake him up and A wouldn't wake up, or respond to light. His hands and face went totally rigid and a weird purple colour. The doctor made us leave the room and him and a nurse were in the room for about half an hour. Then when they came out they took A to Recus to put him on oxygen and monitor his heart etc.

A already has severe problems with his liver and now it seems he has fucked it up completely. He's going to be staying in for a while and then he might end up in a pysch unit.

He's done nothing but appologise for the last few hours, he doesn't want to die.

I don't know why I'm posting this accept that I finally (after OD'ing many times myself) have seen what it is like from the perspective of the family and friends.

And it's horrible :(
  2. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Sending my best wishes to you and your family :hug:
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sam I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how shaken up it has left you. Please keep posting about it as you can. You are in a type of shock right now. But in the next couple of days you are going to feel many things about what happened. So hun please lean on all your friends here and let us help you through this. :arms:

My prayers for you and especially your stepdad that this can soon be put behind you all and that he finds the help he needs.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thank you both

He is doing fine :) He will be out of hospital tomorrow, in time for Christmas.

5. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

sam :hug: im sorry :( i will catch you on msn and chat if you want :arms:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Glad to hear he will be home for Christmas. It is frightening to see things from the perspective of those on the other side. Makes you really stop and think.
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks both x

he is home now.. He's been given new medication and is being seen again on jan 4h.

He is still saying he is never going to do it again whih is a good sign :)
  8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i'm glad hes saying he doesnt want to do it again. hopefully he'll stick by that. sorry you were put through this stress hun at least he's home now and safe :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.