Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by elizabeth10, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elizabeth10

elizabeth10 Member

no one gives a shit about me

i want to try again tonight

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I know you're feeling sad and alone and sometimes we all feel no one gives a shit.
    This maybe more to do with your depression.
    Have you seen a doc, been given any treatment?
    Hang in there and see what treatments there are, get the depression under control and then see how you feel. :hug:
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

not true. i care. what's going on with you tonight? wanna share?
  4. elizabeth10

elizabeth10 Member

i take 80mg of prozac everyday and go to a therapist every week. its been a little over 5 years now
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can u let yr doc know that the meds have stopped working? and that you are feeling worse? how are things with yr therapist? can you open up to him/her?
  6. elizabeth10

elizabeth10 Member

i tried telling my doctor but i couldnt get myself to actually say the words. most of my last appointment with my therapist i just sat there. not saying much. i just hate actually talking about my problems. and while i trust her and all, i feel like she doesnt actually listen to me and hears what she wants to hear to sound smart and helpful.

i just am so scared to start over again with meds, cuz its frustrating and all the generic questions, and i get pissed off.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you have to change something though right so you can get a different results maybe new therapist one that does listen to you. Meds may just need to be upped a bit not change but you have to advocate for YOU okay so you can get feeling better hugs
  8. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are hurting so much right now and I just want to let you know that we all care about you here and if you would like to talk you can PM me. :hug:
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

have you thought about writing down how you're feeling and giving the letter to the therapist..same with the doc...write your questions out and let him read them
    just a thought
    I hope you'll postpone your attempt and find some more help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.