Tonight's the night!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Release, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Release

Release Guest

So I've made it through my last week. I'm off to a solitary place this weekend and will finally be able to rest. I don't really know why I've come to a forum to explain, it's the first time i've ever used one, but I think I think it's to try to appease my guilt.

Life is great for those who have a sense of hope and purpose but that dried up for me a long time ago. Depression is a killer and it's finally got the better of me. Since deciding to bring things to a conclusion I have felt such relief. One last experience to go, and perhaps the hardest. But eternal nothingness is my idea of perfection.

And my legacy...well just another statistic I suppose.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

so your depression has hit rock bottom then why not get on the newer meds that will give you some life back. new meds new therapy new hope new path
    reach out okay there is help there is a way out you just have to pick up the phone and ask for it your death will only bring more sadness and sufferering to more than just you to others why transfer that on when you can reach out and get help
  3. anindividual

anindividual Guest

Sorry, I`m sure you`re trying to help. Meds can and do help many. They have no effect on some, and a detrimental effect on others.
    Therapy? From where? An NHS referal can take longer than a year. Privately it is often too expensive for the masses. And voluntary agencies are having their funding drastically cut thanks to the recession.Sadly, therapy is not always helpful.
    Pick up the phone to whom? Some anonymous stranger at Samaritans? They may/may not be helpful, but it is a phonecall, nothing more. Not everyone has someone who gives a damn.
    Death may well cause huge distress to anyone who cares (if there is anyone). However, to carry on existing for that reason leads to bitterness "The only reason I`m suffering is because I am living to prevent your suffering at my death" which helps NO -ONE, but may cause distress to all parties.

Release - I hope that you can see that there are other options available to you. If you have made a rational, thought out choice to end your life, I hope you get whatever solace you are seeking from suicide.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've been where you are many times, and I'd go places and come back.

If you're around, let me know you're around? I don't know you but I do hear why you got where you are /or were that day and what you wanted to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.