Tonight's the night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aitchy, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aitchy

aitchy New Member

That I think I'm going to do it. <Mod edit:methods:music>... lights out - forever.

Things are so bad, I haven't left my bed in a week. Must end now.

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Why are things so bad for you?

3. aitchy

aitchy New Member

Lots of reasons. Have been ill on/off for years but the end of my relationship a few months was pretty messy. But I was doing finr until we spoke last night and she was so cold and mean it tipped me over the edge after feeling so bad for ages. I can't get out of bed or motivated to anything and stsrting to fall behind in uni because of it. I just want things to end now. Am sick of goubg round in circles.

My life has been so up n down that I don't feel I belong here.

4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have been under some stress with all that and uni must be hard. If you were doing fine untill that call maybe you should block that number for a while so not to let this happen again. In the mean while you could book a doctors appointment and let them know you are struggling and get some support.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I don't know how the system works (in the UK?) where you are, but you may be able to get a medical incomplete for your classes.

It's too bad your ex had to be so evil.

It's bad enough to say cruel things under any circumstances, but it's really reprehensible to do it when someone is down. Please don't listen to her.

6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I couldn't complete my degree because I went into crisis (couldn't get out of bed, all the usual stuff) My psych wrote a letter to the Uni and the Uni gave me the degree anyway. So don't be worrying about that side of things. They can be taken care of.
    What you need to do now is get to a doctor and get some meds sorted. Accept that it takes time to get out of the dip and give yourself the space to do it. Don't allow another person to push you over the edge. You have as much right to life as they do. It would probably be better if you didn't talk to her again. (Why would you want to talk to someone cold and mean anyway?).
    You will get better, you just have to give yourself the time to do it. You also need to recognise that this illness is one that goes around in circles. You need to have a plan prepared for when you dip and you need to acknowledge that it's an illness and nothing more. If you'd caught malaria and had recurrent attacks, you'd be straight down the hospital, you wouldn't be beating yourself up about it. Don't beat yourself up about this either. xxx

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I hope that aitchy is okay. :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.