• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

Tonight's the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I hope you quit drinking!! I'm an ex alcoholic.. I'm on seven different meds so I don't drink.. Ocassioanally I'll buy some beers just to remind me why I quit..Alcohol kills the effects of your meds..I'm glad to see you still posting.. You have alot of friends here who are worried about you.. That should tell you something..Best wishes!!

Fitzy

I hope you quit drinking!! I'm an ex alcoholic.. I'm on seven different meds so I don't drink.. Ocassioanally I'll buy some beers just to remind me why I quit..Alcohol kills the effects of your meds..I'm glad to see you still posting.. You have alot of friends here who are worried about you.. That should tell you something..Best wishes!!
I'm still here but have already drunk too much this aft. I like the mellowed out sleepy feel. Shit I'm rubbish.

GoldenPsych

Having been a professional you know then how well you have done so far so I wont patronise you by telling you etc. You know you are doing the right thing and have taken the right steps. Positive steps by seeking out a psychiatrist etc. You know what you need to do. You know know it will be hard work. But you also know that if you do it things can get better. Going to go all behaviourist on you and say...you make the choices, it's your choice what you do, you know that actions have consequences etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

Oh for the record for some reason I assumed you were a bloke also. Don't know why...lol.

Are you still working as a SW then? What area are you in?
xxxx

Fitzy

@ GP
I have to make a jump from knowing the yadda yadda to actually believing it!
I also clearly need to make a note in my signature that I'm female!!!!!! As an old fashioned feminist I find that fascinating and rather amusing. I'm sure someone could conduct research on gender identity and the Internet. Or not.
I don't practise as a SW any more - I'm doing some work at the moment re placement development. I'm not happy with my job as it's too much of a corporate role but I am redundant from April - just to add to all the other crap in my life.
X

GoldenPsych

Thanks to our fantastic government no doubt. Have you thought about going in to practice again. I am sure Harringly council are looking! :) Aren't they only running at 30%.

I find it quite hard being in the position I am in and doing the course I am now and the work I have done and I feel I get a "you should know better" attitude from some professionals. But yeh, making the step is hard. I feel that sometimes more is expected of me as of what I do and have done. I look at myself as my own patient, or how I would feel about a patient like me. And I am the type of patient I hate. I know what I want, I know the system, I am bloody hard work.

I don't know why I assumed you were male. Especially when SW is so female dominated.

x

I'm glad you didn't take your life. Don't you want to see another sunset? watch your family open Christmas presents? What would your friends and parents think if you went through with this? They would blame themselves and they would go into a deep depression and maybe follow your foot steps. Please don't do it. I have felt like I was at the bottom of a dark and painful pit and that the light at the end of the tunnel was shut off. I lost everything that made me who I am. Taking your life will just hurt everyone around you. Someone loves you, but u may not know it. My prayers are with you. Listen to 'You Are Loved' by Josh Groban. Its a good song! *hugs*

solutions

The late Edwin Shneidman would be proud of this thread.

I'm glad the crisis is over. Just stay in touch, and we'll help you to the best of our ability.

Stormrider

Can't have you coming on my thread to give some support and then seeing you feel bad yourself, it takes away the spreading of hope, it all works in a circle here i think

Fitzy

No worries. How are you doing today?

xxx
I've started to get a grip on some of the practical issues so I'm feeling less negative. I've also made phone contact with some friends, instead of isolating myself.
The sense of utter despair has lifted a bit - baby steps.
xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00