Tonsillectomy and Murphy's Law

cots

I had my Tonsillectomy last week.

And everything that could go wrong, has.

During my stay at the hospital I was literally having panic attacks. The codeine was too much for me and I felt like my bed was shaking, my body was numb, swollen.

I came back having multiple panic attacks that just wouldn't stop even though I tried to do deep breaths, etc.

Today I found canker sores all over my soft palate and it's so disgusting I went to ER. I googled and found that no one had canker sores after a tonsillectomy and I'm puzzled why I'm getting them. I'm just so frightened that they could be another disease. I took my tonsils out precisely because I want to rid of my ENT problems but why do they keep haunting me?! I'm so sick of this!!!

cots

Thank you tykata, I'm just at an utter loss. I feel like I should get better but I'm taking two steps back and I'm sick of this. And the doctors don't seem concerned at all. I'm struggling to understand all this. I'm starting to doubt that this surgery was the right decision.

tykata

Thank you tykata, I'm just at an utter loss. I feel like I should get better but I'm taking two steps back and I'm sick of this. And the doctors don't seem concerned at all. I'm struggling to understand all this. I'm starting to doubt that this surgery was the right decision.
You just have to be proactive with doctors, sometimes you have to be your own advocate to get anywhere with them, from experience. If you're not right they have a duty of care to you!

cots

Thank you all *hug. The pain has lessened but i have developed a low grade fever. Am worried but I don't think it's enough to render a trip to the ER again. Last time I went it was so crowded. Am just feeling despair. Can't wait for this pain to end.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00