Tony Scott's Death Triggered Me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So I heard the news this morning, that movie director Tony Scott killed himself yesterday afternoon. I wont go into details as to the method used, as I am sure most of us know by now, and if you dont, it's out there all over the net to find, but I wont post that method here.

Suffice it to say, my thoughts turned to my hometown. We have a similar setup there. And I thought that might be a way.

Then I read up on what happens to the human body when one chooses that method. Well...let's just say that they would have to give me a closed casket wake. Not good.

Plus, it's hard for me to be suicidal these days when you have given your life over to God.

But the same ole stuff just keeps piling on.

I dont find myself thinking about this too often...and I know I should be here more often to help others....but...I am weak man. And one can never ever really get rid of suicidal ideation.

So I guess I will go on for now, searching for answers, searching for hope and searching for methods if that is needed.

2. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

Reading about his death kind of rocked me because already being suicidal and reading about someone else' suicide a guy who was immensely talented, wealthy, had a wife, and kids still he felt that his only option was to end his life.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

There is that. I thought to myself what the hell, what chance do any of us have if this guy also ends it? But then I remembered, we live in a fallen world. That's why it's hard for a Christian to dwell too long in death. I keep my faith and know from experience, that God will help. I just sometimes grow weary while I am waiting.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I personally think that the lesson to be learned here is that depression can affect anybody. It is a disease just as any other disease and it needs to be treated. More awareness for early detection, treatment, maintenance, and awareness - and more exposure to rather than hiding from it when it occurs - must be fed into our society. Depression is not based upon where you live, who you are, how much money or success you have or don't have. Depression is an individual thing, possibly a chemical imbalance (?) - I'm not positive anybody REALLY knows. Regardless that, it is not a solution. Period.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am well aware that depression is an illness. I also believe in better living thru chemicals when it comes to dealing with depression, and by that I mean prescription medications. I take my share, but I deal with severe depression and crippling anxiety, and physical poor health and monetary poor health as well. So some days meds aint enough. Meds wont cure it...but they do take the edge off. And given the fact that you can count on one hand the number of posts I have made here in the past 6 months indicates that I am coping with it, for the most part anyway, I think.

6. ryan2012

ryan2012 Member

I just read an article that Tony Scott learned he had inoperable brain cancer before taking his own life. So as you can imagine, it was probably motivated by that.

7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

What's fucked up is, when I heard the news, my first thought wasn't, "why would he kill himself?" No, it was "why would he kill himself like that?" I wasn't questioning his motives. I was questioning his methods. It seems to me that there are quicker, less painful, more reliable ways of doing it... of course I'm not at liberty to discuss that sort of thing here, but you get the point.

8. Blackbird33

Before I was became suicidal I use to think how could anyone ever choose that method but now I can understand when you're at your brink and want to end things why you would choose that method.

9. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could understand if you didn't have any other way to do it, but the guy had money. He didn't have to do it the way he did it. In fact, a lot of people end up surviving those kinds of attempts...

I should probably shut up now before I get myself in trouble.

10. Blackbird33

I guess my point is that when a person is at their end the method is really irrelevant because at that point you're just trying to use the one you deem most effective.

11. tothepointe

tothepointe New Member

It has triggered me too since I was already starting to feel that way again and that location is very close to me and I was going to drive that way to work that day at about that time since its a nice seanic drive but decided not too. And now all I want to do is find out the reasons why. Why 2 years from the day he was last there and why the same pair of shorts.

I'm also really surprised no one noticed. You can't park your car or walk up there except the one day a year there's a charity run.

12. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

..... and the fact that he did not have inoperable brain cancer - according to our newspaper this morning.

13. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Honey, remember what St. Paul writes to us: "..... for when I am weak, then I am strong"..... I heard this today over the radio, and what it means is, that when we have no resources left of ourselves, and we learn how to depend upon God, then He makes us strong with his strength. As long as we feel we have no need of him, then we won't try doing this, to discover how faithful He really is to those who seek Him out and want to live for Him. Blessings,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.