Too Afraid to Tell my Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to see the dr today to tell him I was suicidal and really low. I told him the second part, but I couldn't bring myself to say more than; "I've been thinking about suicide." When he eventually did ask me if I had any suicide plans I was screaming inside "yes" but I just said "no, no plans." But I do have a plan. A plan that won't be implemented for a few weeks yet as I want to see my cousin get confirmed before I end my life.
I was too scared to tell the Dr all that, though. I was scared he'd send me into a psychiatric hospital/unit. I don't really know what the procedure is if a dr has a patient who is suicidal. So I was too scared of the consequences to tell him, despite wanting to get help and going there with that in mind :(
I suck :(

One of the many good reasons to tell your doctor is because the medications he has you on could be a cause or a trigger as to the suicidal thoughts. Sometimes medications can cause these feelings (they say this on every TV commercial!). If you can share the full facts with the doc, he can take that into account. I know it's difficult to bring up though. Just focus on making sure you reveal it so that he can properly diagnose, otherwise, the trip to the doctor losses value overall. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00