Too ashamed?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cult logic, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Anyone else feel too ashamed to seek help?

I know you shouldn't be, everyone needs help sometimes but I cannot bring myself to look someone in the eye and say things are not okay.

I did once and it just brought an immediate rush of anger and guilt. Anger at how weak I'm acting and guilty at how there cannot be anything wrong with me.

Just the thought of it does. I can't see how there is any way to change that?

To not feel as if I'm being judged as weak and crazy and worthless?

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i'd like to encourage you to seek help again brandon. i would hope you wouldn't feel anger about taking such a step. it's a very good and positive step, and you'd be doing what you can to take care of yourself and there is nothing wrong with that. i would hope and pray you wouldn't be feeling guilty about it either, but i could see why one would. you're too important to us around here anyways. we would be deeply grieved if anything happened to you. so i just want to say to please, please take care. pm if you need to too.

sincerely

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Muther Fawke! Hey I give a great deal how you are feeling...this is sort of freaking me out cuz you are like a rock around here...you really are and you are there for everyone else ...if there is anything I can do for you...let me know I am here for you...you are great friend...Love you

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

But I mean like, why me?

Why do I deserve help just cuz I'm sad all the time when there is so many dying and starving and actually needing help. I just look like a whiny prick.

And I really just HATE the attention you get from everyone when they think you're going to kill yourself. They speak in soft tones and watch their words heavily.

Plus when I look at people like my mom who had to overcome things like poverty when I didn't and were valedictorians and I'm a shitty student it is just so irritating.

How can I say to a person like that things are too hard? Someone that had so many hard things to overcome and just did it? What am I retarded that I can't solve this stuff too?

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

The main reason I don't seek help is because I'm ashamed that I'm suicidal, and I would feel worse for telling doctors about it, and having to talk about my feelings. I am also too ashamed to seek help. It is because of this that I won't see anybody about my ideation. As it stands, I feel like I want to end it but I doubt that I would go through with it, so I don't see any danger.

However this is just me, and my opinion shouldn't influence anyone else. If you feel like you should seek help, then get help. It's better to stand by assistance than it is to struggle on the ground.

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Exactly!

Having to talk about my feelings just makes me feel awful.

Weak and vulnerable, a position I don't like to put myself in.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Me too it took alot for me to see a psychologist but i needed to get strong so i could help others. I outright refused to see psych doctor though because i was too ashamed to admitt i was that bad Psychologist help many people with just daily living things thats why i went that route. Everyone needs help okay and if you can get it try so you can stay strong even if it is to help others. You
    deserve help as much as anyone here take care.

8. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I was like that too...feeling like what am I so sad about? There are worst people out there than me...I should just shake out of it... and of course it made me feel worse...

I think that seeking help sometimes makes us feel like were inadequate...were thought that were suposed to be happy, polite and helpful to others all the time...never ask for anything because we can provide for ourselves...and that asking for help means were weak...

but I think we need to change our thoughts about seeking help..I mean when we were in school and we didnt understand a problem, our teachers helped us understand it right...that wasnt because we were weak...we're learning...

everyday we're learning because we don't know everything...so really when your asking for help...your asking for solutions to a problem...everyone has different types of problems...

like when we do our taxes, we go seek accountants and tax people to do them...does it mean we're weak? no...

seeking help has nothing to do with being weak, or inadequate...we're not perfect..even though society tries to put that in our heads...

9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

At this point I do feel kind of ashamed to go seek help. In a way it would make me feel weaker in not being able to handle it myself as I have done so much in the past.

10. DS

DS Account Closed

Wow. That was a good response from; Living in my own world.
    the nice thing is at s.f. you have access to so many different ppl with different ideas,experiences, views, perspectives, that maybe someone will have some bit that might help, or make sense, or work, in your situation- but you won't know, unless you ask or seek help or support. it truly is not a sign of weakness...and you really deserve a chance...be good to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.