too close to home

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justmeonlyme, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

so i have been a self harmer for over 3 years in the past few months i have found out that one of my mates tryed self harm another had been self harming for a month or so another had been doing it for 2 years and another has been doing it on and off for 4yrs
    what is happening why are so many people turning to si there needs to be more infomation and surport why are so many of us turning our pain on ourselves why do we need to hurt ourselves to feel beter.
    it makes me so sad there are so many peope in this world who safer from this this what would you call it i would say disorder but idk
    and often the people who do this are the least expected ofthen the ones who are happy and always smilling and you think everything is going well for often this isnt the case
    but yea it just shocked me how many people i no who do this and i proply no more who also do this but i do not no of. i believe this is getting bad we need to take a stand and say this is enough no more we as a world need to stend up and say this is enough there are to many people doing this there are to many people hurting ok i cant say to much as half the time i dont even no if i want to stop but but i believe the best way to stop is to never start there needs to be more education about this topic
    ok i am sorry for my slight rant i just needed to get it out
    stay strong all!!

2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:hug: i think it is becoming one of the most popualr ways of 'coping' with celebrities often coming out in the open about it too, some people are doing it as there idol has done it, its such a shame , that so many people turn to this method, have a rant when ever u need one :) :hug:

3. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

thanks yea i think that there is also an increasing amount of people doing it just to be cool! :hug: back :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.