Too early to give up.

Other people have it worse.

So I always tell myself that I am better. I can do the things they cannot do. I can achieve the things they cannot achieve. I can attain that something they want to attain.

Other people have it worse, and they’re keeping themselves alive.

So, I should too. I must not give up. Because I am better.

But, knowing that other people have it way more worse than me. . . It’s kind of draining me. It’s sad knowing that other people have it worse.

Like fuck, what I have isn’t the worst, yet I feel like giving up.

Whenever I see those people, I always wonder, how do they do it? Are they just faking it, like me? How do they keep themselves alive? How do they still want to be alive in this world that’s slowly rotting away?

I’m just 21 and it’s too early to give up.
I know, it’s too early to give up.

But, I died a long time ago, and my body wants to catch up.

Sorry that you're feeling this way.
Other people have it worse
Maybe, but it's complicated. A lot of people will say, for example, if someone is poor, then they have it worse than someone who is rich. The poor person may have a lot of positive, close relationships; no physical or mental health issues; and no history of trauma, whereas it might be the opposite for a wealthy person. That's not to say that poverty isn't a burden in someone's life, but there are a lot of different factors that determine how difficult life is for a person.

In any case, it's probably better not to draw any comparisons.

But, I died a long time ago, and my body wants to catch up.
Do you want to say what's made you feel this way?

Wishing you good things

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I always notice when people use the words "to" and "too" properly. I always notice that. In some ways you have it worse than a lot of people. I can tell from your writing that you are very intelligent, probably educated, maybe well off. I wish I could be there to comfort you.

Sorry that you're feeling this way.

Maybe, but it's complicated. A lot of people will say, for example, if someone is poor, then they have it worse than someone who is rich. The poor person may have a lot of positive, close relationships; no physical or mental health issues; and no history of trauma, whereas it might be the opposite for a wealthy person. That's not to say that poverty isn't a burden in someone's life, but there are a lot of different factors that determine how difficult life is for a person.

In any case, it's probably better not to draw any comparisons.

Do you want to say what's made you feel this way?

Wishing you good things
A friend recently told me, even though I’m already aware of it, that other people have it worse. That if they can do it, I can do it, too. For the past years, that’s what I planted in my mind to keep myself from giving up. I keep those words as a wall to block the thought of ending it all. But, I still can’t do it. I am trying so hard but I always get disappointed and angry that I just want to cry it all and never stop.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Life is hard no matter who you are or what you're going through. It's not important whether other people have it better or worse. What's important is how you handle your own life circumstances. And you're right, it is too early to give up. There is still so much that you haven't gotten the chance to experience yet. You didn't ask to be here. None of us did. But we are, so might as well stick around and find out what life has in store. It's not going to be crappy all the time.

A friend recently told me, even though I’m already aware of it, that other people have it worse. That if they can do it, I can do it, too. For the past years, that’s what I planted in my mind to keep myself from giving up. I keep those words as a wall to block the thought of ending it all. But, I still can’t do it.
Thinking of things that way might in some ways be a motivator, but also making things worse in some ways.

Beyond that, you probably need treatment rather than just a motivator.

I hope things can get better soon

Life is hard no matter who you are or what you're going through. It's not important whether other people have it better or worse. What's important is how you handle your own life circumstances. And you're right, it is too early to give up. There is still so much that you haven't gotten the chance to experience yet. You didn't ask to be here. None of us did. But we are, so might as well stick around and find out what life has in store. It's not going to be crappy all the time.
Hi. Yeah, I keep telling that to myself. That I didn’t asked to be born, to endure this endless suffering called life. But, thank you! I’ll try to stay for as long as I can. :)

I always notice when people use the words "to" and "too" properly. I always notice that. In some ways you have it worse than a lot of people. I can tell from your writing that you are very intelligent, probably educated, maybe well off. I wish I could be there to comfort you.
Hi. Just you wishing that you’re here to comfort me is a comfort for me already. Thank you!

Thinking of things that way might in some ways be a motivator, but also making things worse in some ways.

Beyond that, you probably need treatment rather than just a motivator.

I hope things can get better soon
Yeah, perhaps you’re right. Thank you for hoping to get things better for me. I hope for you as well.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00