Too far gone?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Richpit10, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richpit10

Richpit10 Well-Known Member

Hi all. I used to be on here all the time, but about a year ago i stopped as i was getting slowly better and felt that this place wasn't helping me.
    Now i'm having a crisis of sorts and dont know where to turn.
    It's truly disturbing how you can work on getting 'better' for years and feel like you are, then in one moment it can all come crashing down.
    I'm all over the place right now and i feel like i've got no-one. I'm asking myself teh question: is trying pointless? Can you really change who you are if you've been a certain way for all your life?
    Sorry, this is a rather long rambling 'Hello, i'm very messed up, please somebody help me' post. I just feel like i've got nowhere left to turn
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

So glad to see you, although sorry that it's because you're in crisis. Thought about you often. Can you say more about what's precipitated you feeling rotten?
    (aka Shygirl)
  3. Richpit10

hi, shygirl, is that really you?
    As for me, well i've been getting more and more worried about my future and where im going. my psychologist said i should just bite the bullet (probably not a good choice of phrase on here doh!) and just do something that ive been musing about for a while: going to uni to do something in art. So i pluck up the courage to call the uni (im sooo bad on the phone) get transfered around and in the end i get an appointment with the head of art.
    I go there an i just feel so out of place, and this guy is just staring at me, i mean straight through me. He asks me all these questions about art and im stumped, i have no idea what to say. He looks at my work and says ive got some technical skill but its not fine art: i just paint from photos. Anyway i cant really explain it but it was just like he looked at my work, looked at me and saw exactly who i am: just this pathetic loser who has no idea about anything.
  4. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Well, it's not likely that you'll have the whole range of skills yet or else what the hell is the point going to uni?? He sounds like an idiot. Then again, I remember being interviewed at the uni I eventually went to and thought much the same thing... that the tutor saw right through me, that she thought I was a gabbling idiot but they still gave me a place and she was my tutor and was actually very nice in the end. It might be that you feel a bit insecure about it?! You're certainly not a loser, pathetic or otherwise!! Have you heard back from them yet?
  5. Richpit10

thanks. You still on yim? maybe easier to carry this on on there.
  6. Richpit10

You still there?
  7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Sorry hun... had to go out. You on later?
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome back Rich. I wish your return was under different circumstances but since they aren't I guess it is best to address them and give you the support to once again feel better about things. Have you heard anything back from the uni yet? I wish you luck. Please take care. :hug:
  9. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi there Rich,

I remember you and am glad to see you back online, although i too wish it was under better circumstances.

I hope things with your uni go ok.. and if not, maybe you could see whether a local college does adult education classes in art? I've been looking around recently for courses like that, and there are several available :)

Please keep posting if it helps.. you're not alone :arms:
    Jenny x
  10. Richpit10

Thanks for the responses guys...ok, girls.
    gentlelady, i only went along to the uni for some vague advice, so i wont be hearing back from them. x
  11. Glad to see you here again, but unfortunately it's because you are in crisis. I hope that you can find what you need here. It's worth it to try, just hold on to the smallest thing. I hope that things get better for you. :hug:
  12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome back :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.