Too fat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by passer, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passer

passer Active Member

I really am disgusted of myself for being this fat I'm only 1m70 tall and i weigh about 180 pounds , can someone tell me a quick way to lose weight and don't tell me to sport because I'm planning to sport everyday next month again, I only eat about 500kcal a day but still only lose 0.5 pounds a day or so.... :s I want to loose weight as fast as possible so a girl would love me :(

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Firstly, as long as you take care of yourself the kinda girl you'd want, won't be interested in your weight. Secondly, five hundred calories a day isn't enough... it slows down your metabolism and breaks down muscle, which is not a good thing. You need to eat at least 1400 a day to keep your organs (heart, lungs, brain..) running. If you're getting adequate exercise the weight will fall off! You might see a small gain when you up your intake at first... but once it readjusts itself you'll be losing. :smile: And 1400 is much more manageable long term, which is the most important thing.

3. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

good luck losing weight but please forget about the girl love

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

500kcal a day is not enough. Eating that little will cause your body to go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism making it even harder to lose the weight.
    And 0.5lbs a day was great progress.
    You need to eat small healthy meals 4-5 times a day. Eat plenty of vegetables with each meal to fill you up.
    Make sure you drink 2-2.5 litres of water per day too.
    You'll get there :)

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

To quit totally with food is a very, very bad idea.
    Eat small portions at least 3 times a day if you want to lose weight AND keep your new weight. If you starve yourself, then you will gain rapidly when you start eating again, and if you don't start eating- then you will end up with liver- and kidney failure or/and -damage. My kidneys stopped functioning after 1 year as severly underweight, and I started to pee blood. That is what happens...
    Eating disorders are very dangerous. I got overweight when I got bulimia, I was overweight WHEN I stopped having my periods (it's a very dangerous sign if you are female). My body realized that something was going on even before I did. ED:s will damage you even if you are overweight, so PLEASE maintain a healthy diet.
    :hug:

6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

0.5lbs a day is great weight loss progress it works out at over a stone a month.

7. Kenickie

Kenickie Account Closed

You shouldn't be losing weight so someone will love you.
    I was 275lbs and I am 5'5". I am now 140lbs and still nobody loves me.

Your looks don't change your personality, so work on that first.

8. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

That's amazing. Something to be really proud of. Good for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.