Too friggin nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was with my friend yesterday in her house for about 2 hours and we decided that I would cook us some spaghetti bolognese today. I made sure I got enough sleep (cos I get weak and tired quite easily) I went out and and bought the garlic, onion, pepper, mince, sauce, spaghetti and some fizzy drinks and dessert. I just rang her about an hour ago and she said ''im sorry, im babysitting today''. She could have just phoned me and told me we couldn't do it today but no she left me feeling like crap. I feel used. I'm too nice and I need to change that and fast. This is the same girl that's always asking for cigs and money for her prescription, just 2.50 but still I don't feel she should be asking I feel used

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
I've had friends like that and I've had friends who would walk through fire for me.
Start being as casual with her as she is with you.
If she asks for money, tell her you're strapped for cash this week.
She'll either pull her socks up or drop out of your life, either way a win win situation.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you both. Yeah, in future she can get cigs off of someone else and the 2.50 levy. She's using me and I need out of this situation. I will talk to her again to see if she is really my friend, if not then we can go our separate ways.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I rang my other friend just now, and I'm going to make her dinner instead tomorrow evening, so fuck the fake friend and i'll do something nice for my real one!! ALL SORTED :) Thanks again!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Just read this whole thread - I like the last post in the story...way to go, Petal! :arms:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just found out she wasn't even babysitting, what an asshat. Thank you Acy, tomorrow will be a fun day, she's awesome and so full of life =)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
To be honest I feel very let down. I opened up to her so much and shared things I wouldn't share with anyone. Oh well...we continue to live and learn. I'm not even going to bother contacting her, I was only trying to do something nice for her, if she wants to see me she knows where I live :/

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Most people don't seem to know the value of true friendship anymore. Take pride in the fact that you are a real friend and that you care about people. You are better off without people in your life who will just use you. It can hurt to cut them out, but you will be better off in the long run.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you witty and I agree. She is not worth it, she's selfish, not the type of person I want to be around. I am good to be around (i think lol) and hope I get the respect that I give back. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00