Too isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I have had to move a lot in the last few years, 8 times in the last 12 years, but the last 3 times have been the worst, the first few were all within the same area, the last 3 however is stretched across 2 cities with no less than 1-2 hours travel between each, meaning each time I moved I lost a bit of my social circle, and with the last move, I lost the last of it. I have a weeks holiday ahead of me, and a weekend behind, and the only words I have spoken was when I went to the shops, even the amazon deliver guy didnt bother knocking, just dropped the package and ran, now I have a stretch of 9 more days like this.

Im not sure just how well Im supposed to cope with this kind of isolation.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
That’s sounds really tough. Are there any groups or activity clubs you could join in the local area? What sort of thing did you used to do? Sports perhaps? Anything where you might be able to start meeting some people. What was the reason for so many moves? Do you have any work colleagues who perhaps you could contact and ask to go out for a drink? It sounds really difficult and none of what I’ve suggested is easy. Putting yourself out there is difficult at the best of times but even if you are able to try one thing it might help to start things going and help a little with the isolation. Hope things get better for you soon. Xx

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
That’s sounds really tough. Are there any groups or activity clubs you could join in the local area? What sort of thing did you used to do? Sports perhaps? Anything where you might be able to start meeting some people. What was the reason for so many moves? Do you have any work colleagues who perhaps you could contact and ask to go out for a drink? It sounds really difficult and none of what I’ve suggested is easy. Putting yourself out there is difficult at the best of times but even if you are able to try one thing it might help to start things going and help a little with the isolation. Hope things get better for you soon. Xx
I am planning to move again within the year, hopefully for the last time, and this again will be to a different area, so im hesitant to try to build anything here because I will just lose it AGAIN, as for work collegues, Im only really close to 1, and he isnt the "shoulder to lean on" type. He will hang out with a person and joke one moment, then sabotage their career in the next moment without any inner conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00