Too much Ativan last night

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cymbele, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I normally take 2 1mg tab of Ativan when I have a panic attack. Usually can go a month or better without Ativan.Last night I was in a full fledged anxiety state and took 3. After my heart calmed down I was having restless thoughts about suicide and took 2 more tabs. Today, after 8 hours sleep (1 later than I wanted) I am still muddy-headed like I can't think straight and have been tripping on things that are not necessarily in the way. Getting better about not tripping and my head is clearer but all I want to do is take some more and go back to lala land. Where I can sleep and not wake up.But I know what it is like to be addicted to those things but I wish I had something stronger. my issues haven't change but it would be nice to fall asleep and never wake up.

This is a rant between a suicide forum rant and a substance abuse struggle.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi cymbele,

While I take my anti anxiety meds as prescribed( I'm on 30 mg daily valium) I do have PRN ones too or if I am really bad the doctor will inject me with midazolam along with my normal script. Sometimes the answer is a pill. While they are great for panic attacks and anxiety, they are highly addictive, may take over your life and I hope you are in therapy, are you?

I wouldn't exactly call it 100 percent substance abuse because you weren't taking them for recreation, you did have real anxiety.

I would definitely recommend telling your doctor what happened they may be able to prescribe something stronger for as needed (PRN) use,

As for the suicidal thoughts,you definitely need to make contact with your psychiatrist and be assessed.

Best of luck to you hun.

3. bleedingrage

bleedingrage Active Member

I took 3 MG's today too. I like ativan except for the retrograde amnesia. I hate having a blast and not remembering the next day. Do you experience this at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.