Too Much Damn Stress or, What Coping Skills?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Ok, so I have 8 hours. 8 FRICKING HOURS of time off from work for the rest of the year. After today, just 21 working days left.

All I need is a major snow storm, a problem with the car, or something and I am out of time, and then will be out of a job.

And we have snow coming this Thursday. Nothing major, and one of the local weather guys said that between now and the 11th of December we could have up to 8 inches on the ground. Of course not all at once, and that (if it comes in waves) would be managable for the snow removal guys.

But truth of the matter is, I have been worried and stressing this oncoming winter since the end of last winter. I really dont know how I am going to get thru. I am starting to believe that when the new year rolls around, I will be out of work. Of course then I wouldnt have to worry about driving 45 miles one way to work everyday.

I dont even want to think how the wife would react to me getting fired.

I am taking it day by day, but...day by day, my stress level increases expedientially.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just sending a :hug:

Hopefully it won't come down to you getting fired. Maybe this winter won't be too bad. Try not to panic.

3. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

In my personal experience worrying about things that didn't happen yet is a major waste of energy.
    Also, things that you are thinking about constantly tend to happen.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I think that this is the hardest kind of stress to deal with. I have no quick solution answers to keep the stress at bay. That leaves working the built up stress out of your body so you don't get sick.

Got an old exercise bike? If not, can you borrow one from a friend? The best place to put it is in front of the tv and ride it at a normal pace while you watch a show.

The new year will come, with or without a job. Whichever it is on that day, you will work it out.

:hug:

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks for responding guys. Looks like I have a lot to talk about on Dec 3 when I meet with my pdoc.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bill, hopefully your boss will understand snow days..If the roads aren't clear that is not your fault.. Just enjoy your holidays with family.. You don't need to carry all that excess baggage right now..

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can relate to what you mean...I stress out all the time so bad that I can't work...and everytime I have to go out, I stress the evening before...and it can be so bad that it comes out in my body...

generally to destress I try to listen to meditations or affirmations and stuff like that...sometimes it helps other times it doesnt...

taking it one day at a time is a good thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.