TOO much sleep!!

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by TLA, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

Hey y'all,
    We write many times about not being able to sleep and stuff in the wee hours of the night.
    I have a new one for you.....this week, I was awake for 34 hours one day-night-day. I did not take my sleeping med. I just stay up reading or whatever.
    Finally, I do come down take the med to sleep and end up sleeping for 21 hours. :sleep: I have never done this before now.

I know part of it is the holiday depression and stressors. My eating has been affected too. I don't care either. I am only writing to get it off my mind. Please don't advise me to tell my pdoc...I prefer to not share this. Just here I do feel safer.

Thanks for listening.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I'm glad that you feel safe enough to share this with us.. i hope it helped.

In some ways i think it's understandable that if you stayed up for so long, then finally do take your sleep medication, that you'll be knocked out for some time.. i know when i dont sleep one night, i'll definitely make up for it the next ;)

I'm afraid i dont know much about sleep medication, etc. but as i'm sure you already know... i'm guessing it's better to take the medication regularly :hug:

Hope you're able to sleep tonight
    Jenny x
  3. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Your Body automaticly makes up for it.

When Kathryn Had her accident, i sat there at her bedside in hospital for 4 and 1/2 days straight without sleeping. I was scared that she would wake up by herself and be scared.

afterwards i slept for ages (after she yelled at me to leave and get some sleep after she woke up) but yea im pretty sure it does no harm, because all your sleep is caught up and ya can't do squat about it, so do worry :p

(I had a look about it on the Net afterwards so this isn't just an opinion)

Hope you catch some gud ZzZzZzZzZeeeZzZz 2nite

Look after yourself
    Luv, Josh
  4. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

True, that did body need/wanted to catch up. I am back on to regualar clock again. I've never been so erractic in my restful periods. Thanks for the feedback. {course. I always do sleep too much when I am depressed}
    :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad things are back on schedule for you TLA. Hopefully they continue now . :hug:
  6. raw

raw Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I got my 15 hours of sleep today.

7. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

They (scientist???) state that over 7-8 hours is not good. Who knows. Sleep has always been my 'escape'. Maybe tonight I will drift off and not wake up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.