Too much sleep,

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ThinkingCap, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

I've been sleeping 14-15 hours a night, and it's so frustrating. I wasn't sure really where to post this, but figured this was my best bet. Are there any ways you've found to keep you from sleeping too much? I'm not taking any medication, but when I wake up (the few times I do) I hardly have enough energy to roll over and fall asleep again. Is there any way I can stop this from happening so much?
  2. lionsheart

lionsheart Member

I guess that dreams are always better than reality. It still happens the same to me. Sometimes we just need to face things.

Try to make a sleep routine: from 23:00 to 7 for eg.

Take cara
  3. Edgar Roni Figaro

Edgar Roni Figaro Well-Known Member

I understand what you are going through. My depression leads me to 20 hours a day some day and skip sleep for 40 hours other days. It is part of being depressed it fucks up your system. I can't tell you a solution but I want you to know you are not alone with this problem.
  4. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

Dreams generally are better than reality-- at least in nightmares you can wake up and realize none of it was real. I'll try to make a sleep schedule, just not sure if my head will allow it. We'll see.

Thanks for the support Edgar, I'm trying to get back to normal by forcing myself to sleep tonight even though I slept 15 hours last night. Hopefully it'll work, or maybe it'll end in me just sleeping more. Oh well, just figure that another sleepless night would only lead to more disproportionate sleeping later.

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I sleep crazy amounts between 12-17 hours most nights. Found that sleeping less like say.. 6-8 hours actually makes me feel more awake when I get up. Maybe try an alarm? When people sleep so long (I think) our bodies get used to being in that sedated state and something to do with chemicals making us slower because of it... read it somewhere.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree.. Get an alarm clock and put it away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off..My sleep is broken.. I sleep eight hours a night and then around noon I take a nap for another three or four hours.. I know the naps are from my meds..They make me tired..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.