too much

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aki, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

there's not enough time, too many songs to hear, too many books to read, too much information to learn, too much to write, too many ideas to put into form cohesively, too many options, choices to make, things to do. too much time, things. way too much.
  2. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

are you okay hun?
    if you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM me :hug:

laura x
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sweetie, what's triggered this? You know we care about you..please don't harm yourself. PM me if you need to talk. :wub: you
  4. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Ripper you are describing the post modern conundrum we all find ourselves in. That is not belittle how you feel. Our society has developed these freedoms as a positive and now we find ourselves swamped................There are far too many books but your'e a thinker so you can divert your mind ( I hope) with and introduce yourself to philosophy by reading-

Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (1991) Easily one of the most satisfying reads you can lose your mind in.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig (1974, I think) a true classic.

Both of these books introduce you to philosophy by way of fantastic novels, great yarns both wonderfully written. (I'd go for Sophie's world first)

If your grappling with the mental pollution we are subjected to every day I can suggest the magazine Adbusters (google to find site) the guys who publish it are as switched on as it gets and have built a valid and original vocabulary to express the alienation that alot of us instinctively feel these days.
  5. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

Maybe more... details... could actually be kind of needed, I say.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

There's all the time in the world. What do you need to hear? What do you need to read?
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

forget them all.

throw all ya books away and all the music that you feel you should listen to and just be

you'll find when you're relaxed, then you'll be drawn to things that actually have an influence, actually talk to you, rather than you mindlessly consuming and producing out of feeling pressured or from what you feel others want you to do.

you don't have to do anything.
  8. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

This is the part of you that wants to gain control.. ggg4567 is right.. forget them all
  9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies. Thanks so much.

sweetheart: I don't know what's triggered it..I feel like this a lot..most of the time.

long: Thanks very much for your reply. I think what you said is right...just too many options and information..I don't know...
    But thanks for your recommendations..I've ordered a copy of Sophies World off amazon. I'll check out everything you said. Thanks again.

iloveyou: there's just not enough time in the day..and then I withdraw from everything and just feel my life rushing past. There's so much I want to learn and experience but I just can't concentrate on anything because I've always got something else on my mind that I want to's difficult to describe. I think the base of it is laziness, low concentration span and over stimulation. I incredible is the internet? You can find practically anything on it, any information, millions and millions of books, advertisements everywhere, as much free music as you can download...but it's just too much to ever even contemplate starting on. :blink:

ggg4567: thanks, that's good advise. I guess that's the only thing to do because I'm not achieving anything by rushing around constantly stressing. So I might as well just relax and do things on my own time. It seems the world encourages people to not be like that though, that that is wrong or selfish or weak. But yeah, thanks very much for your advise.
  10. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.. I have the same problem with concentrating and over stimulations too. I'll start on one thing then before I finish it, I'll start another thing, etc.. it annoys the hell out of me. It's frustrating because in the end I accomplish nothing lol.. I'm now 23 years of age and not doing anything because I've started then stopped so many things.. sigh.. now I want to stop my life.. it's ridiculous lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.