Too Much

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sami, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sami

sami Well-Known Member

It's all too much.

I can't cope.

I've recently been told I have a dependance on alcohol. I'm not HAPPY about this but yes, it is pretty damn obvious. But I don't want to be labelled an alcoholic. It's self medication because of the neglect the CMHT have shown me.

I have a massive amount of study coming up. I don't feel able to complete it well enough... I feel the need to get 1st in everything.

I am running a half marathon in February, and a full marathon in April.. for Mind.

It's all too much. The only person that knows about this is my boyfriend.

I'm relying on alcohol. I want to stop. I can't.

I don't want to end up like my dad. I'd rathe die than end up that way...

I'm Sorry.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you need to slow down if you can. Maybe not do the marathons and just concentrate on your school work. Alcoholism is a sickness nothing to be ashamed about. You are right though you will need help to conquer this sickness. Do you have an addiction counselor you can talk to That will be a start anyways I hope you reach out now okay before it becomes even more a bigger problem for you stop in NOw okay don't wait to get help do it while you have some control Perfectionism is so hard because noone is able to reach that goal so that too pushes one toward drinking. Get sometherapy to help you deal with that as well. I really think you need to take some pressure off yourself okay see what youcan let go off to help you not feel so overwhelmed
  3. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

well hun sorry to say but u need to keep telling yourself an alcaholic and u need to admitt it if u really want to stop the drinking i can give u a link if you would like support please tell me where u live like not the adress but where in the world if u get me huge hugs you can do this and admitting your an alcaholic is the first step and there are otherways to help rather than that good luck
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Stop being so tough on yourself. Is it possible to take a break from your studies? Can the CMHT refer you on to a substance abuse team to get you some help? :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.