Too tired to be awake, Too scared to be asleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

i hate these nights, well most nights really.I always feel way more depressed at night, alone and isolated in my dark room. Its like you really are alone, and there isnt another soul in the world should you be in danger. I fear the nights, because i know i will be exausted and depressed and crave the sleep i so need, and really do lack on... but on the other hand the nightmares are so much worse... id rather be sleepless, then have to face these dreams again... i guess im just rambling on, because the nights of late have been much more terrifying and depressing than before, so no worries of my words... they are but dust in a passing breeze.

2. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I often find myself the same way, I can be great during the day up until when I finally decide I better just at least lay down in bed to try to sleep.

Sleep never comes and I find myself terrified of the nightmares I have. I find myself unable to even think of sleeping unless I have a tv or computer on and making noise. The silence kills me.

:hug: I wish I could help you some way.

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I've had troubled nights where I was actually frightened to go to sleep. Yes it's because of my scary nightmares that I tend to get about killing myself. The dreams were always so vivid and scared the crap out of me. I like white noise when I have these troubled nights because it tends to relax me to where I can fall asleep. At least I haven't fallen into the addiction of sleeping pills -- luckily I've managed to fall asleep. I hope your night goes well :hug: I might go to bed soon, and see If I'll fall asleep.

Trevor,

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I hope everyone is able to get a peaceful night's sleep soon :cuddle2: I always have to have on a fan or something cuz I hate the combination of dark and silence. Sometimes I think I hear voices in the white noise, but it's probably just my imagination working overtime.

5. Tmacster1

I sometimes listen to music and fall a sleep. But yeah I need a form of white noise, some nights I can do without white noise while others I need it. Agreed could be are imaginary thoughts than again... Eh, Well all I know is I got well rested last night. Didn't need white noise because I just passed out was tired.

Trevor,

6. Witty_Sarcasm

I didn't sleep too well, since I was in pain, and people were fighting all day long. I don't make noise to keep them awake, but they don't care if they keep me up all the time. Hopefully I will be able to get a decent sleep sometime soon.

7. Tmacster1

I got some moderate sleep last night even though I was nervous that I would have another scary nightmare. It's been a while sense my last one which I'm thankful for because I hate getting those.

Trevor,

8. Witty_Sarcasm

That's good and I hope you won't have any for a long time.

9. Tmacster1

Same here that's usually the only thing that keeps me up late at night... Also I'm naturally a night owl so, I'm up late typically when I should be catching some ZZZ's.

Trevor,

10. ThornThatNeverHeals

meh... last night i didnt sleep but a few hours :( i hope you guys get good sleep tonight, and that i can follow the example :dry:

11. Tmacster1

I only got a few hours of sleep last night... It was pretty restless and I couldn't get comfortable. Hopefully tonight is better and that I can actually get some decent amount of sleep.

Trevor,

12. Witty_Sarcasm

I hope you can get a good night's rest and I hope I can too. Been feeling weak and not hungry lately and that's not a good sign.

13. ThornThatNeverHeals

well i slept pretty nice last night, i hope you guys did too!

14. Witty_Sarcasm

I slept maybe 2 hours because I woke up to a screaming argument between family members. It seems ok now but I'm still annoyed that I couldn't sleep. I couldn't now if I tried because it seems that I have heartburn or something now.

15. ThornThatNeverHeals

aws, im sorry. i hope its better tonight... i overslept last night, and was about ready to beat myself this morning... im so stupid.

16. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah I hope so too. That sucks, but at least you were able to get some sleep, even if you did oversleep.

17. ThornThatNeverHeals

yea, but this last night i slept but a few hours :dry: curse my mind, why wont you listen to me when i say sleep?!?!?!?!?

18. Witty_Sarcasm

I know what you mean...sometimes I sleep too much, and sometimes not at all. I just wish there wasn't so many racing thoughts in my head. If there was a switch to shut them off, that would be great.

19. Tmacster1

I didn't sleep well last night at all... I might not get much sleep tonight as well because I feel the same will happen to me. Stress tends to play a lot on my mind especially since suicide is always on my mind. I might be going through a depression episode right now. Be a first on in a while but I'm sure that's a cause for my lack of energy and irritableness today... -sigh

Trevor,

20. Witty_Sarcasm

Aww I'm sorry Trevor...hope you will feel better soon :hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.