Too tired.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LucieLovesLions, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucieLovesLions

LucieLovesLions New Member

I can't come to terms with the fact that the people that meant everything to me, that I meant everything to, have moved on. When I moved across the country three years ago I was sure that it would be alright. I had faith that our friendships were forever and a thousand seas could not keep us apart. Now it's like their the ones that left. I just can't believe this happened. They were all I clung to when the going got tough. Now I have an amazing boyfriend and some sweet drinking buddies, but they can't replace what I lost. My mother tells me I'll make new friends. I don't want new friends. I just want them. And I'm so so tired from all these years of trying to hold in there. I've been afraid to let go because of how much it hurt when I failed last time. But now I think I'm ready again. Just can't fight anymore. Don't see anything worth fighting for. Sorry. Just wanted to talk.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi don't be sorry this is a great place to talk Your boyfriend what of him do you not thing letting go would destroy his happines. You mother right it is time to move forward not live in the past Your friends have moved on as well. Change happens time to make new friends where you live where you can call on and go out with. It is hard letting go of what was but it is necessary in order to grow hugs to you okay pm me anytime
  3. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Your post made me think about something similar that happened to me, and I'm sure we can all relate to what's happening to you now. Isn't it how it's always been and always will be?*Friends who leave the biggest impression on us often turn out to be the ones who are most likely to disappear from our lives.

I'm sorry you miss your original friends. It is heartbreaking when things change indefinitely, and there is very little you can do to remedy the situation. You can't look back because it has already gone and you can't look forward because they're no longer there. Have you still got their contact details, where they are now, that sort of thing? Is it too late to talk again? Maybe arrange to meet up or something? It is still easy to lose contact with someone you knew, even with all the technology available. I don't know..

Keep us updated. Don't think about suicide or harming yourself. There is always a solution or an alternative that is sensible. Take care.
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am so sorry that you feel this way. I can relate to what you are saying as I have been through a similar situation myself. Your mum is right in a way. Over time you will make new friends and eventually let go of your original friends. It is tough and you may not think you will get through this tough time, but you will over time. You seem like you are starting on the right track with your boyfriend and your drinking buddies, they can too blossom into beautiful friendships. Hang in there hun, we are all always here if you need to talk.
  5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Big :hug: Please don't say sorry for needing to talk. I hope that you can continue talking to us and working through your feelings. Be kind to yourself.
  6. LucieLovesLions

LucieLovesLions New Member

Well. I just got my ass dumped this morning via a note scrawled in my French 2 binder. It would be rather amusing if it really wasn't. At least that's one less person to hurt when I go. I feel pretty resigned. Just a little sad that everything worked out this way.
  7. cacophony

cacophony Member

i know it sounds cliche but there are lots of other new people to meet. the world has tons of interesting people that you have yet to meet.
  8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

It's good to have connections to people, but it's also healthy to be in a place where you are not dependent on anyone. If you can learn to be ok now, you might come through this in a better place when you build good relationships later.

You might also be able rekindle the friendships that you had before you moved. It takes effort though, long distance relationships are usually tough to maintain.

Can you see a therapist?

I love you user name btw!!!!

I love lions too!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.