Too weird?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sparky55313, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I live a short walk to the now icy Mississippi. I run scenarios of just walking into that river. My fear? What if I go into shock & don't drown? What if I am found and saved. The pollutants would surley infect my lungs and that seems a long, painful way to go. Sound weird?

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

personally i would walk in another direction.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No sounds like you thought things through and came to conclusion not a good idea I agree totally painful
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If you walk in to the river or a lake around here your more likely going to become gator bait...
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Kem, I'd go in the other direction. Little steps towards getting past this. It isn't worth it. Have you sought professional help? Doctor? Therapist? Psych? Y'know.. they can help you. There is help, it will be hard to overcome suicide thoughts, but it's not impossible! Stick around and let us try and support you :hug:
  6. blue_snafu

blue_snafu Member

I read an article about how people's capability to save themselves (even if they are good swimmers) decreases in accordance with how cold the water is.
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'd think it'd have something to do with the temperature of the water, your body probly cramps up or something when it's suddenly submerged into very cold conditions. Kinda like the katabatic winds in antarctica or what ever, your heat/blood all revert to your main orgains so your limbs would go kinda stiff I guess :huh:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.