Too white to be american, go back to europe

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

el o el at her comments about europe. slightly incomprehensible at times. Something about boy-cotting arizona? lol?
  3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

She looks more white than Aztec to me, almost.... Spanish??? :rolleyes:
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Sounds like intentional irony to me.
  5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I think what she was trying articulate the common mantra that the true Americans are the (non-white) Native Americans. In any case, that's just a speculation and it still came out rather farcically.

It should be noted that the Tea Parties' borderline bigotry isn't any less noxious. The way some members compare Obama to dictators (including, oddly, ideologically opposing ones like Hitler and Stalin) is equally stupid.
  6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Give me a break zurk, you really think she was trying to articulate that the true americans are native americans in her broken english?

And while there is some racism in the tea party movement, there are fringe elements in any movement, and most tea partiers will call out anyone spewing advert racism. Also I do not think the comparison with Obama to dictators has anything to do with political policies as much as the general idea of losing freedoms... much in the same way bush was compared to hitler after he passed the patriot act(which Obama renewed and broadened the scope of).
  7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Well it was just a speculation, albeit a far-fetched one :p

I understand that every movement has it's fringe elements, espeically those that are as informal and grassroots-based as the tea party movement. But I personally don't see enough tea party members calling these bigots out, or at the very least distancing themselves from them. Rather these sort of groups tend to band together in the name of solidarity.

I know the point of these comparisons is to reflect a sense of lost freedoms. But that's still quite extreme and downright irresponsible. We live in a pretty paranoid and insecure society as it is (especially lately). Comparing our democratically elected president to tyrannical, genocidal dictators is dangerous. It's one thing to say Obama and his policies are wrong (or to do the same with respect to Bush). But to say he's downright evil? The implications are worrying.
  8. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

A lot of people did that with bush.

I never hated bush. If anything, I just knew I disagreed. He happened to be our president, and america voted him in. So blaming him solely was dishonest. When you vote in a republican, you shouldn't be surprised when he votes like one. I was disgusted by the many insulting attacks people made. I'm equally turned off when people do the same to obama.

Besides, bush is smarter than most people. His iq is higher than mine easy. I think it might be higher than obama's. 120 something.

Now, clinton, he takes the cake. I think his was 140? Intelligence isn't everything. He passed legislation, in total, that sent a lot of our jobs overseas. It was, in effect, a tax on our low-skilled workers that benefited developing countries. I don't know, maybe my iq is too low to understand how that's good for the US. I just know it's remarkably democrat-like to tax people for the benefit of the underclass. It's just that, in that case, it benefited the underclass in other countries. Maybe I shouldn't have went this far, but anyway...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.