Took friend to ER in the middle of the night...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kayako44, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayako44

kayako44 Active Member

I just took my friend to the ER in the middle of last night....scared me half to death, but he did not want the cops called at all, and said that if I did call the cops, that he would end up doing something... I went and picked him up myself and took him to the ER. It was a scary ordeal for me, but I didn't know what I should've done....any ideas or thoughts or personal experiences? I just don't know how I should have handled the situation. Thankfully, it turned out alright....but still......not a fun experience for me...
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i've been on the other end of this, a friend has taken me to the ER (more than once). once i felt better i was so grateful. it was a kind and caring thing for you to do. you want your friend to be safe, and sometimes the hospital is the safest place. it's never fun at the ER but i'm glad you did it. i hope you can take care of yourself in the aftermath, talk about your experience with us here or with another of your friends. you need support too.
  3. kayako44

kayako44 Active Member

Thank you for your reply. It was a scary experience for me. I've been on the other end of it as well, and I'm very appreciative of my friends that have helped me out in those times of need. It just made me really nervous if something were to happen to him on the way to the hospital or something. Now I'm just waiting to hear from him to see if he had emergency surgery or not, or if he's on the psych unit now. Waiting is hard too.....I just hope that he's ok.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm sure he would appreciate it if you took some time and go visit him.. He will realise he can trust you..It means alot when your in the hospital to have someone to come sit and talk to..
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You did the right thing and you are a very good friend..he is very fortunate to have you...J
  6. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

You are a good friend to this person as so may people run away scared, from my experiences anyway ! Keep in touch with him, as a good friend will be a good distraction from what they are feeling inside.
  7. slummy

slummy Member

A relative stranger from a local crisis line took me to the ER last night -- she just talked to me for a few hours. It's nice to have someone who cares. You did the 100% right thing.
  8. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

Well done you for putting all your feelings and fears aside and helping your friend it must of been a awful experience for you both to go thru but its good you went thru it together I'm sure your friend really is grateful for having someone like you who cares and understands, but dont Forget to care for you too, we are here don't forget, hugs xx
  9. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

How are you feeling today hun? We are here if you want to talk about anything! Xx
  10. kayako44

kayako44 Active Member

I still haven't heard from him, and its been almost 2 days now. I am worried about him, but I can't call the hospital and find out how he is or where he is because of confidentiality laws and such. I just hope that he calls me soon.
  11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

It sounds like you did exactly the right thing to me. Good luck getting in touch with him
  12. kayako44

kayako44 Active Member

Yay, my friend finally was able to call me today. He sounds like he is doing better, but definitely has some things to work on. I'm glad that he is in a safe place to deal with some of his issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.