Took My Wedding Ring Off

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So one week ago today, my marriage would have ended, had it not been for a pending medical condition that my wife has to have done. Because of that, we are still technically married so she can remained covered under my health insurance for the time being.

So since, we would have been divorced by now, I decided yesterday to take off the ring.

If any of you have followed my progress since I first joined the forum, you will know, that this is a big deal for me.

And I feel pretty good about it too.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I remember when I did that, cried buckets...glad you found it easier. :smile:

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have cried so many buckets over time regarding this, that I think I floodd the downtown district of my town.

But seriously, I have no more pain to give.:huh:

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Well, shit, FPS. That's a really tough thing to do. I'd be crying too.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey fps... it was about , well, 6 wks ago i took mine off. never had, before then.
    it's a big step.
    in my case, it's a great step.
    wish you the best . . . xxx

6. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

you couldnt stop me crying as hell when i took the ring that my ex-fiance gave me off. i know its not as important as a wedding ring but the pain is still there. i cried for about a week

i think its a big step in discovering yourself again as a single person though. a hard thought to deal with at the time but you know inside yourself when the time is right to take such a symbolic ring off rather than just any old time x

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Weirdest thing.
    I never took my wedding ring off and it felt like part of my finger.
    Now I can't stand the feel of it(I put it back on one day it drove me mad).
    Guess the finger gets used to its absence quicker than we do. :blink: