Tooth is killing me!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jhhop, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I lost the filling out of a tooth a couple of months ago. It was really painful for a while until one day I was wiggling it and it broke, now its only half its normal size above the gums. I found that when it broke it released a part of the tooth that must have been pressing a nerve because the tooth stopped hurting.
    Well for the last couple of weeks when I lie down to sleep the tooth actually starts throbbing and getting loose. When I wake up I can actually move the tooth about an eighth of an inch side to side. I know its not abscessed because after I'm up and moving around it usually feels fine in 10 minutes or so.
    All day today it felt like someone had sucker punched me in the side of my mouth. I even went so far as to try pulling it with a small pair of pliers. Didn't work, just couldn't get enough twist on the tooth to get the ligaments to break loose.
    I think tomorrow I will raid the tool box and see if I can find a small tool to fit under the tooth to pry it up like a dentist would. By the way no dental insurance and no free dental around my area so I just have to make do the best I can.
    I didn't mean to write so much but it did help take my mind off the tooth for a while.
  2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

A suggestion, try rubbing oil of cloves on the gum, it's like an anaesthetic and will numb quite a lot of the pain. Tearing your tooth out with a pair of pliers doesn't sound like fun - be careful! Hope this doesn't spoil your new year.
  3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Been there mate so you have my every sympathy. Guess I was lucky to be in the UK so could get down to the dental hospital. Clove oil can help. Best of luck.
  4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

garlic is meant to be good for tooth aches aswell. and make sure to rinse with salt water so it doesnt get infected.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Sterilize your tools in boiling water, take a handful of painkillers, and drink a loooot of whiskey throughout the procedure - numbs the pain and sterilizes the wound. Ideally, get someone else to do it... Your drunkenness might prove problematic for the procedure at hand.

I don't envy you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.