toothpaste suggestions (otc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie123

i'm recovered (recovering.. idk, i have relapses occasionally) from bulimia. i've never had tooth issues until recently, my top front teeth are really sensitive and these past few days i've barely been able to eat its so painful.

I think its bulimia related, because its my front, top teeth (it's not like they're my molars or teeth I chew with). Anyone have any advice? Going to doctors (including dentists) is a major source of anxiety for me, so realistically I don't know if I can go to the dentist anytime soon.

So does anyone have any over the counter toothpaste and/or fluoride suggestions?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
My dentist told me to use sensidide toothpaste but to put in my teeth like a paste and leave it on over night it will strengthen the enamel that way and make your teeth less painful hugs

Allie123

Ooh thats a good idea, thank you. I bought sensodyne proenamel toothpaste today, but it really hurts to brush my teeth. I was debating whether just to scrub at them even though it hurts, or if I should just use mouthwash and avoid eating..? But the leave toothpaste on overnight idea sounds clever!

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
yeh my dentist just told me that one cause my teeth ache and are so sensitive lately i hope it helps takes a few nights to build up enamel take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00