Top 10 most annoying stupidest fads.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Aug 14, 2010.

Most annoying stupidest fads.

1. Virtual Pets/Tamagotchi.

2. My Space/Facebook/Twitter.

3. Baggy/Saggy Pants.

4. American Idols/So You Think You Can ...Bla bla

5. Lava Lamps.

0 vote(s)
  6. H@ck3r T@!k

7. Jesus Fish Stickers on Cars.

8. 3D in Movies.

9. Boo's polls!

10. Others (please specify)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Ahh fads. The list of annoying fads could be longer than Confucius scroll of virtues. Take the ipods and iphone for example. They are overpriced dumbed down piece of electronics. Yet because it is so cool to own one, you go out and buy them. It is a status of coolness to own one. Just like many other fads. You do it because your friends do it.
    Louis Vutton bags for example. I agree they are truly high quality bags. Made with the finnest craftsmanship. But i find it pathetic when someone would go as far as to buy fakes just because of what the symbol represent.

So list the most annoying fads ever.
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I would like to think that oversized-super baggy pants were a fad... but they're just not going away. -____-

not attractive at all. just annoying.
  3. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

Twitter more specifically, most useless invention ever
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I voted for Tamagotchi because I wasted one year of my childhood.

And you support an unfair industry when buying fakes. It is not just the copyright infringement I'm talking about, the fake bags might be the result of child labour.
  5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Of course none of the "real" fashion Industry uses child labour at all :unsure:
  6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

If you're talking about clothing found in Wal-Mart then you might have a point, but then it's not really... erm real fashion.

Real fashion clothing company like armani, channel, gucci etc have high price tag in part due to a more costly labor. Although they might be using zippers and buttons made in sweat shops... lolz
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You are right, you never know about Nike or Adidas.
    But it is definitely not the case when it comes to authentic Prada, Versace, LV and such. Those products are hand-made in Europe.
  8. Perfect Melancholy

I was pointing to "fashion" as an industry think about this (and sorry if I am hijacking your thread). if we did not have fashion there would not be the demand for goods, the demand for cheaper alternatives, whether that be your Wal-mart, primark etc etc, means that there is an increased amount of child labour. Of course some major brands like Nike still use child labour, gotta love western culture huh.
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You have to undertand there are two type of "child labour". The legit one, which is controlled and supervised and the non legit one (which lead to sweat shops) Nike and stuff have a legit one. Which believe it or not does help tons of people from poor third world countries.
    Companies that make fakes are scrupulous and doesn't care about the well being and the working condition of the people that supply them.

Cheaper alternatives doesn't just profit the consummers, but the companies as well. Some company would go bankrupt if they were to pay more for labor. Or highjack the price even more, thus hurting the consummers in the process. This is a debate that has a very thin line between right and wrong.
  10. Perfect Melancholy

Even if there are legit child labour factories etc what gives us the right as a cutlture to find it acceptable for a child to have to make shoes, I remember watching this programme when I was 15 with Mark Thomas he got the head of Nike's public relations to answer questions by school kids, this one kid asked him how he would feel if his children worked in one, the guy didn't know how to answer it, his only answer was, well that is not the point my children would never need to work in one simply because the society we live in they don't have too. So again is it right we judge children working? At the end of the day it is putting food on their plate etc, helping there families, well actually I think that is a load of shit, instead of spending the millions we do buying the latest fashion trends trying to fit in so our friends like us, think about this, if we gave just 10% of what we spent as a western civilisation on clothing every year, to end child poverty in third world countries to help with education programmes and better understanding, then I think we would live in a better world.

I mean if your willing to pay hundreds of pounds for a handbag surly you would not mind paying an extra 10% to putting something good back into the world, just a thought mind.
  11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You have a valid point. Although words is easier to say than taking action. That's why there is a place called Dubai which is richer than god and 3rd world countries.
    By the way, don't worry too much about China. Due in part to their cheap labour, economist predict China will take over the world by 2020 so maybe soon we will be the one with sweat shops lolx
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
  12. Perfect Melancholy

I best start tipping our Chinese delivery guy then
  13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Next thing you will see in chinese fortune cookies is "What goes around come around" lolx

In 2040, the Chinese economy will reach $123 trillion, ornearly three times the economic output of the entire globe in 2000.
    In other words, the average Chinese megacity dweller will be living twice as well when China goes from a poor country in 2000 to a superrich country in 2040. By 2050, China'seconomy will be just 20 percent larger than that of the United States.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
  14. Perfect Melancholy

they should read, "the meal you just ate will repeat on you in 5,4,3,2,1.......":zombie:
  15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You want chow mein!? 50$!
  16. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I wanted to pick more than one but i went with 3d movies...i mean come one Step up 3D ?? WTF????!?!??!?!?!? enuff said
  17. Perfect Melancholy

I am just fucking surprised they made a third step up, let alone 3D
  18. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

very true... well they made another jackass movie and its 3d as well.... idk certain movies i can say yeah that makes sense to be 3d but i think most movies dont need it...
  19. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Orange-y fake tan lotions/spray-ons.
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I always had those Tamagotchi shit and they always died right away lol. Oh I hated Furbys because they never shut up, even when I was trying to sleep. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.