Tormenting, but unknown memories

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Randomly, out of nowhere I get these sudden, quick flashbacks, like memories, that leave me mentally paralyzed. I can feel these memories but I can't fully remember them, but they are awful & they push me near the edge of what I can handle.
    I don't know how to make them stop or what to do ... why wont they stop & why now????
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They won't stop until you get therapist to help you release them slowly under therapist control. Memories come through when brain is ready to deal with them but you need help understanding them and controlling them. You need a therapist that deals with post trauma I a sorry this is happening when it happen again call crisis team they will talk you thru it they will get you help you need. Meds can decrease the intensity of flashbacks so tell therapist what is happening ro your doctor okay.
  3. homelessmk

homelessmk Active Member

yeah, if these flashes are affecting your life and making you freeze, you should probably talk to someone about them. can you tell if they're memories or just nightmares or terrors or anything? i hope that you figure out what they are and get some help to get through them *hugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.