Torn Angel

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Shredded_Angel, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every Christmas in elementary school teachers would pass out construction paper and scissors. Us students were then told to fold the paper in half and cut out the shape of a tree or an angel.

Every year without fail someone would cut away just a little too much, leaving their sheet of paper unsalvageable. This was never anything to fret over because the teacher would always have a huge stack of extra paper on hand. It was as simple as tossing the chopped up angel in the trash and starting over with a new a sheet.

Now, as an adult I've come the realization that way too much of my paper has been cut away. Try as I might, unfortunately my angel simply cannot be salvaged. My only alternative is to throw it away, only this time there won't be a new sheet waiting on me.

Little by little I'm becoming ok with that. :dunno:

Hello to all.

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

You have a beautiful gift for expressing yourself and you describe so well the feeling of being "whittled away" by life and circumstances. Please try to stick around and tell us what's going on in your life that has brought you to this point. Welcome :)

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I liked reading that. A good way of putting it indeed.
    Welcome honey :)

4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

You have a great talent in expressing yourself. I hope you can find help here in SF. :welcome:

5. I'm very grateful to have found this forum; a place to discuss such a taboo topic without feeling like some type of freak of nature.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :smile:

6. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Wow, you really do have a wonderful way of expressing yourself.. you summed it up perfectly. What's in our past is indeed in our past, we can't change it.. but we can learn to accept it and accept that it's part of what made us the people we are today.

Welcome :)

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You appear to be quite talented in the way you put your words together. They are very expressive. Like the paper angel that has had too much cut away so a new start must happen, you can be the same way. If too much has been cut away, it is time for a new beginning. A fresh start. Unlike the angel, we cannot throw away what is left of the paper. We must build on what is left to make it the most beautiful angel ever. You see, we are more than paper, so we can grow and become even more beautiful than was thought possible. You can begin to build on that angel or snowflake whichever one you choose. Remember that no two snowflakes are alike, but they are all beautiful. :hug:

8. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Welcome ,

and i do like the way you put that..

I am White Dove, Feel free to pm me anytime you need someone to listen to you or you just want to talk. I am usually here every day until i am unable to be here but will reply as soon as i get it...

love you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.