Totally F'd Up

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bambi, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I think it is totally f'd up that people post in crisis forum and get totally ignored. What makes a person worthy of a someone reaching out? I am clear on what makes one unworthy but what makes someone worthy? I sure hope SirFrancesDrake comes back but seeing as nobody replied to him but certainly saw the post he/she probably won't. I hope I make it because if I do I will certainly be sure to give to those that are in pain and ignored.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Not everyone is always up to supporting others. It could be triggering for them. Others might not know what to say, :dunno: I do that someone PM'd him though.

3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

this is not an emergency site and it is no run by an official NGO, this is a internet support site. If you are in danger or require aid then call a crisis line.

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

MIGHTBE: I understand what you're saying but if someone posts here and sees that others are getting responses and they are not, it might be a bit disconcerting. I usually try to post on those that have 0 responses but I missed that one. If I came here for help and saw others getting responses but I did not, I would have left and figured it was just a place for cliques and a bunch of people that already knew each other.

INNEED: I think that most here try their best and that he might have slipped through the cracks. I don't think it was intentional, but still sad that someone came here for help and didn't get much. But as Lynn said, someone did pm him so maybe he'll stick around.

5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I try to be here. I try to answer and respond as I can to people. Most of the time I'm simply not up to responding. I simply can't find the words or don't know what to say. There's been things that trigger me, as well. We're all broken here, in one way or another. We need to be as patient with those who are reaching out as with those who are unable to.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Sorry folks for venting a bit it just made me so sad to see that this person's post and I know how it feels to be ignored. I totally agree with all the replies above regarding not always being in a position to give much support if any at all. Ironically I know the majority of you above to be very thoughtful and members who do take the time to reply to post in Crisis. I just felt really bad for the person as I said and hate the thought of a new member being ignored. I think one thing really great about this site is that it doesn't happen that often but still I get frustrated at the numerous members that are cliquish and only have time to post in the fun forums. Yes we all need a distraction but if your feeling cheery I think that good cheer should be spread a bit.
    Again I think for the most part this place is great and I was feeling my own personal frustration.
    I see several people have now replied to the thread so that is great!
    I too sometime go straight to PM and rather than post but am going to change that so onlookers know the poster did not go ignored.
    B