Toyota's unintended acceleration issues mostly driver error

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Unintended acceleration first became a national (USA) news story back in the eighties with people crashing in their Audis and it turned out to be driver error. I was suspicious about Toyota having a safety problem so serious when they are renowned for their quality control. I also wondered why Toyotas sold in other countries were not unintentionally accelerating.

3. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

But, there were complaints from other countries. I don't know how many, though.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I drive a Sequoia and could not be happier with the quality vehicle I have, but realize it was not part of the recall...bet it ends up being driver error after all is said and done.

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I always found it suspicious that Toyota would suddenly have such a glaring lapse in safety, given it's nearly spotless record. Too bad we didn't get as balanced a picture back when this issue was at the forefront. A foreign corporation just made too good of a bogeyman.

6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Just like Audi in the 80's. Of course congress wanted a chance to knock down Toyota, GM needs to flourish and when congress had the chance to give their baby a one up they took it. I wonder if Toyota will now be bailed out due to all the lost income that has come of this idiotic fiasco.

7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I agree. Plus, we could've used the distraction. I don't doubt Toyota was a bit too cavalier about the possibility of any issues with their cars though (as was evident in some documents and testimonies). Furthermore, we should consider the fact that these finding is being confirmed by Toyota itself, so there is a probable conflict of interest.

8. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Wasn't the pedal just getting stuck under the floor mat thing on the drivers side? Good thing my car has a hinge-like accelerator :laugh:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.