Trading one problem for another?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Brokenness, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokenness

Brokenness Well-Known Member

So I got some medication today to help with depression and to relax etc. I know the anti depressant will take a long time to work...so I have been told. But how long til it helps even a little bit? Also so far I like the med they gave me to relax. It stops a lot of the stress for me. But they only gave me ten doses of that. What happens when it's gone? Will I be back to square one in how awful I felt? Is any of this stuff addicting? I just hope I'm not trading one problem for another. But for the moment I am EXTREMELY grateful that the overwhelming stress is tamed. What else can I expect from now on? What is your experience with meds helping...or not?

2. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

It can be addicting. Anti depressant pills don't really work for. But I take Xanax and that works for me, it helps with my depression cause it comes me down, makes sleepy/calm.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have known people who did not care that the particular anti-depressants they are on were addictive, Because they gave them a quality of life they could not otherwise have had.

I hope the pills take effect before the other pills are gone. I do think its possible this can happen.

Just please know that sometimes antidepressants can be a life saver. I have seen it in people irl. In which case, there would be no need to worry about them being addictive, or not. You could just stay on them and live a better life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.