tragic accident

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by joe-black, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-black

joe-black Member

i was just wondering if my death was thought to be a tragic sporting accident would it make it easier for the people i care about to accept, the thought of hurting them has held me back for so long now but i know its something thats got to happen and my times almost up,iv spent so long planning this and every little detail i just dont want them left in pain not knowing if they could have done anything to prevent it,any thoughts would be appreciated .

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

To be honest Joe, it won't make any difference, won't make them hurt any less, either way you will be lost to them forever.
    They will always think of the things they did or didn't do during your life that that they wish they had done differently.

3. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

Jo x As Hazel has said, it wont make any difference. PLease dont go, stay and talk to us. Is there any chance you can talk to your family and friends and tell them what is going on through your head, and what you are feeling? If not, is there any chance you can gain proffessonal help at all? Please dont use suicide as an escape as this aint the answer x

Take care and PM me anytime x

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree that it probably won't make any difference Joe if your death was an accident or a suicide. Though they would probably feel guilty if your death was a suicide. I think that talking to them about how you're feeling is a better option though. :hug:

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Death is not easy to accept no matter what the circumstances are. An accidental death can be just as devastating as a suicide. The best way to avoid hurting those you love is to find ways to keep on living. :hug:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Joe,
    If you are thinking about using a sporting accident for suicide, just think about what is going to happen when you fail and are paralized or some other bad thing that could happen. This is a prolife forum so why don't you keep posting and let us help support you!!
    Your family will not be better off whith out you. I have had a plan for the last six years, it stays with me but I fight it back Between my shrink, my meds, my therapist, and the support I get from the forum. Take Care and seek the help!!~Joseph~

7. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I think there might be a different kind of grief between accidental death and death by suicide. Either way, if your family knows you're suicidal, they'll always wonder if your accident was intentional. But grief is grief, and I feel as you do, that I don't want to put that burden on my family. That's all that's kept me going for the past 5 years. My family knows about my attempts, but I don't discuss accidental death with them. I know that it would only add to their anxiety. I have talked with my therapist in the past about the thoughts. Doing that might help you deal with the issue.

8. joe-black

joe-black Member

thanks for your views on this subject and the concern you have showed for me but my minds now made up to go the accidental route,i just need to get the tracks of my intentions coverd up,im sorry that iv never really posted here or tryed to help others on the forum iv just always thought my advice might make things worse for people,as for my accident failing and leaving me paralised or something like that,not a hope in hell my sport is extremely high risk anyway,i know those that i care about have always accepted the fact that in this sport i push my skill level to the limit and my fitness is all that keeps me alive when i do it so i think in some ways they must be prepared for me not returning and thats going to make it easier for them.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Joe,
    It doesn't matter how you do it. Your family is going to be hurting big time. Anytime you loose a family memeber it is always there with them that they should have paid more attention to you. When you contimplate suicide, you show signs of what is going thru your mind.
    They won't be better off with out you. What you should do is seek professional help to learn how to deal with your thoughts. Hell my brother in law has had three operations on his brain for tumors. He is not himself anymore. He was always a really nice guy who it took alot to piss him off. Now everyone walks on eggshells with him because they don't want to piss him off. He keeps having seizures and the doctor says he will have them for the time he has left. It makes me feel really guilty that I want to die so bad and he wants to live to watch his grandchildren grow up.
    Please seek professional help!! You don't have to go thru this. I have been suicidal for years with two attempts, But I sought help and found a good therapist. She has me to the point where even though I have those thoughts everyday I have learned to set them aside for the day. I don't try to set long term goals because I will fail at them. I set small ones. Sometimes I acheive them and other times because of my depression I don't make it. No biggy I just add them to the bottom of the list and try another day!! You will always have us to talk to and receive support.Take Care!!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.