translation please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by THEO, Aug 19, 2010.

1. THEO

THEO Member

a woman i realy liked and was trying to go out with sent me a text that said "it's not that i wouldnt date you its that i want to be alone" should i just give her some time or is it hopless?

I realy like her so I know im gonna keep trying regardless

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

she is going thru something obvioulsy give her some time to heal maybe just keep in contact just to say hi worried abtyou but giveit time.

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

maybe she's been hurt before and wants to be careful before getting involved again.

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I dont wanna be cold or heartless but it seems to me from what you said that shes just not into you for whatever reason, and it probably wont change anythime soon...but that is based on how little i know of the situation.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe she's not ready and she wants some space. :dunno: It could be for loads of reasons. Like she said, she might even want to date you, but she can't right now.

I think... wait and then ask in a few weeks the reasons why she wants to be alone, if you're close enough, to get a clearer understanding.

Are you friends with her?

6. THEO

THEO Member

where kinda friends, she is my friends wife's friend, but at the moment its looking hopeless, I guess I freaked her out or something, and she just didnt want to tell me.
    WTF!!

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I would suggest you just try and take what she said as being truthful unless you hear otherwise. It sounds like she likes you, but that right now, for whatever reason, she doesn't want to be in a relationship (possibly of any sort, she may want to be alone from everyone).

Maybe just try and maintain the friendship without trying to date her and then see what happens, or if anything happens. She may confide in you and you might end up with greater understanding of the situation.

The only person who truly knows what she meant by that message is her, and maybe in time she will tell you. Until then, just take it as read.