Transplants etc...(may be in wrong section, sry).

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by nolonger, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I was just wondering...with like heart donations and everything. Do you have to be dead or can you just be like "I'd like to donate my heart to someone who needs it at the moment."?

This is probly in the wrong section but I'd just like to know the technicalities of it.

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the "technicalities" but you cannot give your heart away while you are still alive. However, you can make it known that you wish for your organs to be donated after you die.

3. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Yeah you have to be registered as an organ donor before you die. like you have to be dead. You can't be alive and just say you want to give your heart like.. because that is technically murder :hugtackles: They can't just take it. x

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea my whole family are organ donors, mum went and signed us all up a few years ago because she doesn't see the point in dumping a perfectly fine body in a whole(in our case in a furnace lol). I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to give your heart if you were still alive. I'm sure you'd get a few odd looks if you asked them, lol XD.

5. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Haha yeah sweetheart I can imagine so :p
    glad that question has been cleared up for you. Yes I am an organ donor aswell and it is a wonderful thing to do for someone else :hugtackles: xo

6. Schannah

Schannah Member

The thing is, if this is anything to do with suicide, your method could get your organs written off. And if you have a specific person in mind, you would need to know that your tissue is a match for theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.