Trap inside myself

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TonyHill, Oct 16, 2016.

1. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

I guess im not the only one that feels that tehy can be themself,specially around people.But is something that is killing me,cause i want to be more,I know I can but i dont have the right social surrounding to be that.I dont have a friend or any person in wich I can be myself.I feel like im suffocating,theres so much in my head,but no one to experince.No one would take my hand and jump with me.

2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Hi TonyHill. You do have something on your side in order to make new friends and that is your love for cinema/movies. It's a common enthusiast subject so you should begin looking for clubs that may host meetups. You seem a sensitive person who yearns for meaningful friendship. Has this brought you to the site or are there other problems?
    You will find a lot of people on here who have difficulty making friends and some who overcome this and can give good pointers.

3. PhoenixFailed

PhoenixFailed SF Supporter Study Facilitator

I also feel the lack of people I can be myself around and find myself "going through the motions" a lot of time. It is a relief to be here, when my emotions are accepted as real things and that I am not judged for them. It helps me feel connection to a world that I have lost touch with.

I wish I had suggestions for finding those people outside of the forum to connect with, but I am at an equal loss. Perhaps that is something we will both be learning together here.

4. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

The place where I live is not that welcoming,and dosent have that kind of stuff.So,thats a reason why is so hard finding people really.

5. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

I hope we do.
    And welcome to the forum :)

PhoenixFailed likes this.
  6. PhoenixFailed

So you inspired me to try something I have been meaning to do. I called and volunteered to be a dog-walker for a local rescue. I know I'll be spending time mostly with the dogs, but I will also be able to connect with people (in nice limited amounts at first ), I'll help dogs during a time I cannot have one of myy own and I will be exercising, which always helps my depression as well.

Thanks for the reminder to reach out beyond myself.

smackh2o and TonyHill like this.
  7. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

Woow,well im glad and honored that I inspired you to do something like,specially with dogs haha,I love dogs.
    You are very brave for doing that,and I hope you can do much good in there.

8. PhoenixFailed

Thank you. I'm off to walk a pit bull this afternoon. (My favorite breed, so sweet and clownish in contrast with their reputations.) I had two before I had to move away from my violent X and now I'm in a no dog building. It makes my heart happy to do this for a little guy waiting for a forever home--perhaps I have more in common with the dog than I thought!

TonyHill likes this.
  9. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

Good to hear that a dog has so much love.Sorry to hear about your vilent relacionship.Sometimes animals or in my case,fictional characters are more honest that real people

10. PhoenixFailed

Just a quick update about the TonyHill inspired dogs. ;) I have been walking a few since Monday and have transported two out of a dangerous situation to where they are safe. I wish I could figure out how to post a few pictures of them without linking to accounts that reveal my personal information. :(

You are so correct that animals are more honest than some people. I love that they do not know how to lie.

How have you been doing? When you are ready, I'd love to hear an update.

Phoenix

TonyHill likes this.
  11. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

Im beeing not good but hanging in there haha.I love to see that you found a place with the dogs,its wonderfull to see someone that cares about them,everytime I see a street dog I get sad,so Im happy that is someone out there that is doing something about it :)

12. PhoenixFailed

I hope things get better, but I am glad you are hanging in there! Take care.

I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me.

TonyHill likes this.
  13. TonyHill

TonyHill Active Member

You are more that welcome ;)