trapped in selfharm bubble

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Little-Darcy, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little-Darcy

Little-Darcy Member

hi ...right now i feel like i stuck in a selfharm bubble because i cant stop doing it i have been trying so so hard to stop and not do it but im not getting anywhere its just getting worse ....yesturday i ended up in hospital needed steri strips because i had cut too deep ....i feel unsafe and im scared because i dont know how to stop ,its all i can think about .

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

Hey Darcy. Have you tried alternatives? Like the butterfly project or anything similar? Do you try to distract yourself from that thought? Instead of self harming, you could call someone, go up to someone and do something with them, distract yourself with a hobby or do some kind of sport/exercise. Draw, write, jog, anything that you know helps relax you can help you on this.
    The best would be reaching out to someone, preferably professional help or similar.
    What is necessary though, is that you are 100% sure you want to stop. You really have to want it. You have to believe that self harming is not an option.
    Stay strong, sweetie <3

3. samebutdifferent

samebutdifferent New Member

Hey Darcy.
    I was in the same situation as you. I'm self harm free for over a month now. What helped me was squeezing ice cubes and eating chilis. And try to talk to people about it. Tell them how you feel. Don't worry that they might think you are annoying or seeking attention. It's about your health. It's time to take care of yourself.
    If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I know you can do it:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.