trapped in this state of mind

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lotte, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotte

lotte Well-Known Member

Will it ever end? I can't move. I'm so tired. It's been the majority of my life and i can't get unstuck. I can't think straight, yet i can't stop thinking. I can't stop hiding in my room, inside of myself. It's so painful. My family doesn't care, my parents don't care. I can't do anything anymore. Literally. I get into this state of mind, and i think it's dissociation. I just loose myself, and i stop moving, i'm stuck. there are only a few minutes a day when i'm not in this state. I literally feel like i've been sleeping for the past two years, because my thoughts and mind are continually just flying on without logic or perception of a reality. This is the best way i can describe it. Does anyone understand/ does anyone believe me?
  2. Baka

Baka Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear what you're going through lotte, have no advice because I'm really going through exactly what you are, don't what what led you to your current state but the way you're feeling can understand all too well. I too feel like I've been sleeping for 2 years and really can't understand what reality is either, just always feel so paralyzed not just physically but in my mind too. Sorry I can't offer anything good to help you or make you feel better but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one feeling like that, it's really not a pleasant experience at all.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, lotte and Baka, I totally understand where you are at, and I also know there is help on the horizon concerning your feeling of lostness, confusion and wrong perceptions.

I was reading a book last night that made me shout 'Eureka' (like that Greek in the bath tub story, if you've come across that before - A Greek philosopher who was trying to figure out a problem, the penny dropped, the light switched on inside his head, he jumped out of the bath in his excitement and ran naked down the street shouting 'Eureka" which means 'I've found it!!')

I'd just typed it out to send to someone whom I'm P-M-ing - ..... I'll PM you as well, if you would like, as the conversation might be easier if not in a public space.

But basically, it's because what is going on in the mind, when it runs out of direction, can bring about these feelings that cause so much distress.... and we can end up in a downwards spiral when we can't access much to prevent this. However, there is an antidote, but it can't be explained in a couple of sentences......... if you read the thread "Would you like to be re-made?" , it would give you something of an idea. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.